Has anyone ever had a moment when time stood still?

Literally I was driving down a street and all of a sudden it seemed all motions slowed than I looked over and the guy I really care for was in his truck I looked over and a minute later everything went to normal speed. Please only real answers or thoughts on this don't be an asshole about answering.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not time, but that people around somehow faded away.

There was a girl in my college, who was in one of the classes I was taking, that really wasn't shy about staring at me whenever she had the chance to in class (we were sitting miles apart, but it was pretty much crystal clear that she had deep feelings) so I talked to her during one break in the class and she lit up like a Christmas tree ...and I didn't have any feelings for her, but somehow I just felt that me and her were the only two people in the world; and there were people all around and yet somehow they seemed to 'fade away' (for a lack of a better word).

Remember, I didn't have feelings for her and didn't ask for her number or anything; just general chat about school work. And it was - bizarre. Glad though I didn't have feelings for her (despite her being a very beautiful blond) because I found out she had a boyfriend, she probably had no intentions of ever telling me about

What Guys Said 2

• Happens to me while meditating all the time.

• Oh, and the reason it happens if you wanted to know, is because your mind actually processes a whole lot more information in any given moment then were aware of but when you focus in on a moment and isolate certain brain functions, they become far sharper and give that impression of time standing still.

I've also had it during a near death experience as a kid.

• This happens to people from time to time. Especially fire fighters and I'm pretty sure navy seals where there bodies are so full of adrealene their brains process information at a million miles a minute so it sort of creates that illusion or so I've heard

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, it has happened to me twice. Both times happened with a guy that made a significant change in my life.

• Can't say that I have.