Dress style / cut recommendations? (or brands)

I rarely dress up, when I do, I like to have a few go-to dresses that are versatile, classy and comfortable.

I am slender and petite, (so straps on normal-size dresses, even a size small, are way too long on me and slide right off my shoulders and offer no support.)

Height-wise, I am about 5'1, and I fluctuate from about 105-108 lbs. My shoulders are very narrow and I have a relatively small waist. My bra size is about a 34B.

I'm guessing my celebrity body-type equivalent would be Natalie Portman.

What style/cut dresses should I look for, and can you recommend any specific stores or shops online?

( I would like something sleek or with a little edge, but nothing overly frilly or princess-y. I like exotic prints as long as they're small, and prefer dark or rich colors. No pastels.)

any specific recommendations are appreciated.

( Note: I live in a rural area, so there are no specialty or petite shops around. So it has to be something I can order online. Thanks )

Most Helpful Girl

• I find that dresses fit me the best when they have stretch to them. Structured unstretchy dresses pull in some places and gape at others. I'm 5'2" 109 lbs 32B so I know your struggle. Sweater dresses are always nice, and I love body con dresses. Pencil/body con skirts paired with a dressy shirt belted where they meet is always an easy outfit because I can buy different sizes in the separate pieces. I like forever21, h&m, Delia's, deb, Macy's, and Dillard's dresses. I just bought the cutest dress from h&m it fits perfectly I can't find it on the website but I love their dresses.

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!