Do you care about visible panty lines?

Personally, I think it's another thing girls or "fashion" picks on.

We're humans, not manekins, it's normal that we wear panties, and that the outline of it sometimes show. It's normal that the outline digs in to out buttcheeks and that it could be visible if we're wearing some tight dress or skirt. I don't see what the big deal is. Bra lines are visible all the time and I don't see anyone sweating or creating underwear to prevent them from being visible...

As long as the girl isn't, like, wearing a black panty under a thin white dress, the VPL doesn't make her look like a slut or whatever. It just means that she's human who wears panties.

Girls, do you care if your panty lines are showing?

Guys, what do you think about visible panty lines? Do they bother you or do you not care at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends. If I'm just dressed for school, work, the gym, or anything else remotely casual, I won't care. But if I'm dressed to look nice, I'll wear underwear that ensures that it won't show.

What Guys Said 17

• I absolutely dig panty lines <3 I don't care how it's perceived generally but I love them :D, have always liked them. Just as long as the panty doesn't seem torn or mangled in any way.

I don't go ogling looking for panty lines on women but it sure gives me an euphoric feeling inside and makes my day :D and they are HOT :D

• I always notice when a woman isn't showing panty lines, and it creeps me out. I mean what happens if someone rips off their skirt or they have a breakout of anal seepage!

• you do have some high imagination on anal-related stuff, Mr. Palek!

• It's just such an unseemly activity, though somehow intriguing. I mean, just think Charlie Manson, Beyonce, Prince Charles and Lassie the Wonder Dog all pinch loaves! And for some reason it's everyone's final statement upon exiting this world.

• doesn't really bother me much. I suppose if it's really apparent, like you suggested black panties under a thin white dress, it may be a little unseemly but it doesn't bother me nonetheless

• I think it looks slightly lazy or tacky to see underwear or evidence of it. And while in general I sorta prefer to see no panty lines, underwear that changes the shape of your butt in an obvious way is just ugly. You need to make sure your underwear doesn't change your butt's shape from what it would look like without underwear.

• First off, let me be the first to say the last thing I wanna do is give a damn about what others think about my undies. That being said, brace yourselves...I am splitting my post into 2, because this site says im over the limit even though it says im under the word count limit, go figure.
    As I've said before on other various online sites about VPL: VPLs makes the sexy look sexier, and the fugly look fuglier. It has always confused me why women seem to get their panties in a bunch (pun intended) from other women's panties. How many times have you seen guys complaining about vpl, or types of underwear other guys wear? I have yet to see an online anti-vpl article authored by what appears to be a woman.
    Are there guys out there that oppose VPL? Sure, more than likely. in my opinion most that oppose are probably gay, but either way that's fine with me I don't care, it's their opinion. I am simply stating what the majority of what I've seen about online VPL content; I'm not trying to say I am right and everyone else is wrong and if you disagree you're a big poopoohead blabla.
    First of all, why are any straight women looking at other women's butts, then noticing VPLs? I can see why a ::straight:: femal, upon noticing female VPL, would just turn away and/or wouldn't care instead of hating other VPL females.
    If lesbiano, it would seem as though seeing female vpl would be considered sexy; if not, then indifferent. I say this because I, being a straight male, have the same sexual desires as lesbians, and I find VPLs flattering on a sexy female booty.

• Part 2...
      In other words, either way, getting upset about other people's underwear just sounds childish & silly to me.
      This makes me wonder then: what is the justification of female VPL hatred? Perhaps it's not the VPL that is hated, no; instead, I propose the hatred is actually the sexiness emanated from a sexy female's VPL that cause the less sexy females 2 hate. You see, it is easier to hate instead of improving 1self.
      And finally, think about it simply like this: why are you raging about something so insignificant as *someone's underwear*? Seriously? :P
      Peace out

• While replying to my answer, you were very quick to judge and assume that I was talking about other women. I wasn't. I don't care if other women have visible panty lines. I care if I have them. There's a difference.

• "First of all, why are any straight women looking at other women's butts, then noticing VPLs? I can see why a ::straight:: femal, upon noticing female VPL, would just turn away and/or wouldn't care instead of hating other VPL females."

Clearly, you don't understand the female mind that well. And nobody's hating other women for showing PL, "hate" is a very strong word. No woman feels "hate" upon seeing other women's VPL.

I find it amusing though, how you could write such an essay with passion about something as small and unimportant as VPL. Especially since this question is 2 months old and you just revived it as if you'd searched for "panties" or something then stumbled upon my question.

• They don't bother me much. I would obviously prefer she has smooth skin and color, but some panty or bra lines are no big deal.

• i think they are hot!

• No, cellphones took that away.

• I agree with you, as long as it doesn't look "semi-naked" it's okay.
    A girl can be a girl.
    I imagine seeing a girl in a thin dress and NOT seeing the pantyline... that would mean she's close to naked and be more upsetting :-)

• No. I don't care at all.

• I do not care at all.

• Doesn't bother me.

• Meh. As long as she HAS panties on, that's all that matters.

• They are such a turn on...

• i love seeing VPL its such a turn on.

• Not a fan of them at all. It's just poor dressing. If you want to wear a skin tight skirt or pants, then just wear a thong or G-string to avoid the VPL. If you don't want to wear a thong or G-string, then just don't wear skin tight clothes and you're fine.

I don't think VPL is about looking like a slut. It's more about just looking sloppy.

• I could careless if a person's coming or going.

What Girls Said 25

• I get what you're saying, but I still care lol. I just don't think it's attractive for some reason. That's why I wear panties that aren't too tight (meaning they don't dig into my butt cheeks as much) as well as panties that don't show any lines at all. And if I do happen to show my panty lines, I make sure to cover it up with a longer shirt or sweater.

• Well of course you don't think it's attractive you're a girl! Why do women care about what kind of underpants other women are wearing? This has always baffled me. Do girls care more about what other girls think than what other guys think when it comes to clothes?

• What does me being a girl have anything to do with me thinking it's unattractive... ? Obviously QA doesn't care, yet she's a girl too? I don't care about what kind of underpants OTHER women wear. Why would I?
      And as for your last question, some do, some don't.

• Yes I care. Lol You bring up some valid points but I feel much more secure when I don't have visible panty lines showing. But, I typically wear mainly thongs anyway so it's not that big of a deal to me.

• I don't care, and besides, many guys have told me that they enjoy the view that much more.

• if my pants are tight, I wear a thong. vpl is tacky

• It annoys the crap out of me. I always wear underwear always! but I have the ones that don't show lines.

• why does it annoy you?

• It's not like I'll go cry about it or if there showing my world ends. Just if I'm wearing something that would show pantie lines I'd be dressed up. I wear sweats or jeans which don't show. If I'm dressing up I want to feel sexy and confident and classy. Pantie lines aren't very classy and make your ass not look good most of the time.

• I'm not going to stress myself out if my pants--perfectly good pants--aren't thick enough to hide pantie lines. I go too much else to worry about, hun. Like you said, we're human. Bra straps poke out. Our bras aren't always going to match our underwear. Maybe we'll wear mismatched socks sometimes because we were rushing out the door and didn't have time to find two matching socks. That's life. Move on. Lol.

• lol you read me. Sometimes I wear mismatched socks because I couldn't find the other one and all my matching socks are dirty haha

• WOW!! The woman that I have been trying to find!!! Loved your REAL post!!

• I don't mind buyt do make an attempt to not show but for me I usually wear pantyhose with dresses and skirts and thong and thigh highs with dress pants and jeans so it's not ever a problem.

I do see other women with the to tight panties and it doesn't look very attractive, especially with leggings or yoga pants.

• I think visible panty lines are sort of trashy, i ware lace under ware which avoids it being visible

• It doesn't bother me to see others panty lines but if your underwear are TOO damn tight then get some that fit. Simple. For the most part I don't care but if it looks WRONG then it is.

• I care. It looks tacky. Some of my guy friends have mentioned it. That's the only reason I ever became a bit more aware of it. I had heard of it on TV shows but didn't think it was a thing until some guys pointed out that it looks bad.

It's not slutty to me, just makes the girl look like her pants don't fit properly

• I don't see the problem?

• I don't care if my lines show

• Yes, I care. Personally, I just think it looks a bit tacky and draws attention to my ass. I avoid having a VPL at alll times.

• i think underwear lines look bad... I always try and avoid them. that's one of the reasons I wear thongs.

• No I don't think people look at my rear for outlines of panty line

• It depends on what kind of panties and clothes you wear

• I feel insecure when mine show but I don't give a crap if someone elses shows.

• I care about panty lines because they tend to attract attention and it looks pretty tacky.

• Heaven forbid someone gets attention. I say it looks sexy, as long as the woman is sexy. It makes the sexy sexier, and the ugly, well *shudder*

• It looks really unclassy to me, I always make sure mine aren't visible.

• I've always thought it should bother me, but it really doesn't lol :)

• Eh. I think it looks tacky. Thongs are the answer.

• I'm not a fan of the panty-line and will always try to avoid it.

• I don't care mine show everyday . I find it normal as well. At least I am wearing sum...lol!..

• Not really but these days I bought more seamless panties

• Yes I absolutely hate it, it looks sloppy