Would you date a guy who was over weight, but trying to lose it?

I'm just about 260 pounds and I've lost 30 in the past few weeks.

I've only tried talking to a few girls that I was interested in, but I've rarely tried to pursue anything further even if there were good "signs." I've always felt that my weight would end up getting in the way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, if he was determined to lose it and if I didn't see behavior that would indicate that he might lose interest in working hard, definitely. Weight is not everything. If he has a good heart and an awesome personality, I wouldn't hesitate to go out with a guy who's a little overweight.

What Girls Said 10

• Would you date a guy who was over weight, but trying to lose it?
    No as I doubt said guy who have even noticed me if I was overweight and likely he's pursuing me because he considered me attractive. So I see no reason for me to shortchange myself on attraction when he seemingly hasn't especially about a factor I doubt he would have overlooked.

• It wouldn't bother me if he had a good heart.

• That's good to know. I think I really do fall into that category.

• aww, well then no worries! Really wish there were more men with good hearts out there :'-(

• If he had swag and muscle tone

I don't like fat guys who are like doughy and soft

• Yeah, that doesn't bother me. I understand the struggles of being weight and would never hold it against someone.

• Yes I would.

• Sure! Gym dates are the best! :)

• No I wouldn't because I am fit so I expect my partner to be fit.

• Yes of course!!!

• Nope, It would matter to me.

• Yeah it wouldn't matter to me. I would try my best to help him lose the weight, make a diet plan, and even work put with him.

What Guys Said 3

• Good job, bro. Keep it up. I've been there, and have found that you may just be surprised who you could date if you have a good heart and genuine personality.

• I'm in the same position man, just keep at it big guy you will make it.