Do you think that people are too picky when it comes to appearance?

I get personal preference for a partner but people talk about someones appearance when they are not attracted to that sexuality or people who are in relationships will nit pick peoples appearance. They will say like oh they have a big nose or nit pick little things. I feel like as long as someone takes care of their self and tries to be presentable 9 times out of 10 they look good. I see posts on here sometimes of people asking why does everyone think that so and so is so attractive I don't get it and I look at the pic and it is someone who is obviously gorgeous. I feel like people are just too pick about looks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes there are many people who are too picky. Truth is that they can be as picky as they want, but you don't always get what you want. It is all good until they start to complain about there being " no good women" or "no good men". Too many feel entitled and often believe that they are "better" than whatt they are ( illusory superiority)

I feel sorry for picky people because when they get older and their preferences and standards "change" they end up in relationships where they feel like they settled (when in from the outside it looks like an equal partnership) and often have resentment for not getting their target. Their partner suffers which is not cool

What Guys Said 6

• Actually I've become a bit obsessed with my appearance. I've been known to shave up to three times a week and I change my underwear EVERY SINGLE Saturday when I take my bath!

• You and me both sister! :)

Yeah I feel like some people can be too picky. When I hear someone talking about someone else out loud on the phone. They would say something like "yeah he's cute but his nose is big :("

and when I saw they same guy he looked great. Just like you said.

• People can be yes. I agree with you if someone takes care of themselves they look good visually. But personality is what should matter but it is a visual world we live in.

• Most people are better looking than they think. Odds are you will never find a "perfect" partner so you have to settle. Which isn't a bad thing.

• Men certainly are too picky.

• My mom has a friend who is like that. She'll meet a guy and think he's perfect but she'll look for something wrong with him and then dump him. I don't know why she does this. It might be because she's afraid that she won't be good enough for him or that he'll hurt her and she doesn't want to be hurt (who wants to be hurt after all)

What Girls Said 7

• Yes&No

Most people are average and manage to find partners. Preferences are very different from standards. I think for most people, preferences are purely physical while standards are personality wise.

I'll go ahead and say, some of the ugliest (usually guys) folks are the pickiest. There's 1 or 2 male users on here who are picky af but they're in no position. I remember 1 time 1 of them answered a question of mine (on a previous acct) and people started downvoting him and telling him he was fat and in no place to be picky lmao

Anyways, I think some people try to downplay other people's beauty sometimes.

• lmao!! you're right about that!! the ugly guys are always picky its shocking lmao!!!

• by the way who was this guy?

• I don't remember. I think he has a new account haha. I'm trying to remember which question it was on but even a moderator went in on him. I didn't say anything about his appearance but I certainly didn't believe he had anything to be picky over.

• I figure that everyone's allowed to be as picky as they want and they can just be alone and miserable while all the people they deemed to have features too big or too small wind up happily committed to someone else.

I think a lot of younger people (15-20 years-ish) have really high standards in that regard because they *deserve* to have someone physically attractive. But I also find that as you age, looks don't become as important and they start being able to see beyond the big nose or green eyes that *should* have been blue :p

• Nope. people are allowed to like whatever they want. No matter how unrealistic, or realistic their expectations maybe.

• Looks is important, but the person doesn't have to be good looking for the whole world, if it's just you who thinks so, then that's perfect. I believe people should have enough self respect to look after themselves and do the necessary to look good for their partner and so they don't feel ashamed to walk next to you in public. Other than that, I think some people are super fucked up! Like my friends step dad tells her that he can't believe she's friends with me cause I'm not that good looking! Wtf? Your friend seriously doesn't need to be good looking, and you should love someone's heart not their face, if you do, they automatically look better. And if they're not higienic or don't care you can help them. It's just their behaviour that you can't change which really has a great effect on their looks. If that is the case, you should rather just give up cause people don't change

• yeah, beauty is the eye of the beholder... I know it might sound cliche', but its true. There are some people I find extremely handsome, but my mother might think otherwise because of nose, lips, etc. or vice verse, but yes I do agree with you people nowadays are VERY picky about looks.

• I think they are

• It just the way it is.. What gives the first impression is the pretty face.