Frown lines - how do you get rid of them?

I was reading a magazine and there was a section on botox. A quote really stood out - "the biggest reason for botox is frown lines"

so I mean surely there must be alternative to getting rid of frown lines. I just can't imagine people lying there and getting injections in their brows, face, etc to escape wrinkles and frown lines. Not to mention its a procedure to be taken every 4-5 months

Most Helpful Guy

• Find a moisturizer that has AHA in it. That will help fade them. If you have insurance or can others gain prescription medications relatively cheaply, then find a dermatologist who will write you a prescription retinoid. It will not only diminish your laugh lines and wrinkles, but will make your skin look great. Although I warn you, your face will likely breakout for sometime until your skin adjusts to it.

• Thanks and I only have a frown line no laugh lines lol but I will check out what u said

What Guys Said 3

• Keep them, they show character! You let people know that THIS GIRL means business.

Botox gets rid of lines along with your ability to show emotion >>> -_- that is you happy, sad, excited, angry, on botox; all one face. I don't know about you but I like my smile :D

• I love smiling and i can't take injections. Botox is. outta question

• In North Korea they have a steam sprayer that sprays your face and it supposedly helps

• Don't think they do that here

• dont "frown" at people or whatever, is that your face in the profile pic? i dont see any frowning whatever there

What Girls Said 4

• learn to have no expressions when something funny or bad angers you... the more serious you are, the less lines you get! :D! hahah
    Anyway, I think if you follow a healthy diet that emphasizes on the elasticity of the skin you're prone to have less wrinkles and those who have less elastic skin! I do think food plays a big part in how people age without taking in account your genes.

• I'm nearly 19 by yeah my skin is very elastic. I can't help it's usually with school work I try to work things frowning comes unconsciously

• well I know it's natural you're human...
      perhaps the best things you could do is keep away from the sun as much as possible, use sunscreen, don't bathe in hot water, use moisturizer, exercise! and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables :]! and try to smile more than frown, because if you do get lines at least people will know it's because you had a happy life rather than an angry ogre! :D!

• I'm always smiling lol i'm told so, but yeah I bathe in really hot water, and in England we don't get much sun. But I'll use moisturiser and sunscreen too. Also avoid hot water. I eat lots of fruit but I'll try and eat veggie's too

• If you have frown lines you can smooth out the lines and wear tape over them. If you wear the tape every night it should decrease the appearance after a couple months or so. They sell some of this tape on amazon.

• White egg mask, THE BEST! :D

• I would say some Botox would do the trick... expensive though.