Do girls look good with their hair in a bun?

I have curly hair and wear my hair in a bun a lot. I don't like wearing my hair down and only wear a ponytail occasionally. I'm curious as to what guys think about buns. I'm not talking about those topknots that look like a ball glued on top of the head. I wear my hair in a low bun with a part.

Do buns look blah and boring? Or can they actually look quite attractive? For example, would you actually notice or pay attention to a girl's hair in a bun? Or do you think that only hair down or in a ponytail is attractive or would attract your attention?

I'm interested in both male and female answers, as I'd like to see if females have an entirely different sense of what is attractive and what is not than males :)

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're pretty, you're pretty! and you'll get noticed no matter how you wear your hair!
    The reason why a higher percentage of men prefer hair down in my opinion is for 2 simple reasons.

1st reason: It's feminine. as oppose to someone with short hair or hair in a bun which would most likely resemble a male head in most cases. and
    2nd reason: Most girls don't look good with their faces all exposed and most girls look prettier with their hair down because it covers a partial part of the face..

So I would tend to think that if you're not that attractive to being with, and up-do would only make you less noticeable or less attractive... and if you're naturally pretty or at least average, it doesn't really matter and you'll be noticed regardless.

What Guys Said 7

• 25.media.tumblr.com/.../...kiF09b1r7o99no1_500.jpg I love when girls wear their hair like this! It is so cute and sexy

• I think buns look much better than ponytails. Just make it creative.

• I hate it when girls put their hair in a bun, and I love it when girls wear their hair down, or in a ponytail. Buns look very unattractive to me; especially the style recommended by saltandvineger (sorry man).

• Yeah, most of the time they do.

• Not always, but often yes.

• I have to disagree with MrBond, because I LOVE when girls wear their hair up and in buns!

• I like longer hair but I also find a woman's neck very sexy so I like it when she wears it up in a bun sometimes so I can get to dat delicious neck.

What Girls Said 3

• Of course! Its a very feminine look :)

lol

most girls look pretty with their hair in a bun not only is it pretty, fashionable and feminine it usually elongates girls faces

• I really like buns, I think some girls pull them off better than others depending on facial structure. But in general I think buns are always cute, especially messy ones.

• I'm not lesbain or anything but I think some girls look pretty with there hair in a bun while some don't