What styling procedure is more damaging to your hair?

Using Hairspray and Mousse to style your hair

OR

Straightening your hair with a hot iron?

from these 2 only, which is most harmful for your hair?

0|0
7|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Ehh, they're both relatively damaging, particularly if you have curly or afro textured hair.

Hairspray and mousse contain alcohol, which dries out the hair and scalp and that's the last thing curly hair needs.

But straightening hair is well, damaging even with heat protectant.

My vote is straightening is more damaging. I think breakage and fallout can be controlled with mousse and hairspray a bit. look for an alcohol free mousse

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.

What Girls Said 6

• Anything involving heat is much more damaging to your hair. So, straightening would do more damage out of those two options you listed.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say the hot iron. Blow-drying your hair can also be harmful; basically, extreme heat. It damages your hair and makes it frizzy and brittle... enough damage can even make your hair start to fall out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Applying heat is always more damaging than applying chemicals on the surface only. Chemicals like bleaching your hair is also damaging, because it changes the chemical structure of your hair. But hairsprays and mousse doesn't. They're very mild chemicals, basically just like glue.

But heat practically "fries" your hair and takes out all its natural moisture and makes it really dry.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything involve heating is much more damaging than applying something on your hair surface, though mousse content high chemical. However, nothing worst than a curling iron.

0|0
    0|0
  • Straightening. It heats up your hair and works on it from the inside, while mousse and spray only affect the outside. Anything that's on the surface is less harmful.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say that straightening is more damaging because it involves extreme heat

0|0
    0|0