At what point are shorts too short?

I just bought a new pair of shorts but trying it on again now at home has left me feeling slightly disappointed. I did not realize just how short they really are. I mean I did try it on in the fitting room and it seemed great but now at home I'm having doubts thinking it's too short :( However with that said, there's no butt showing. Nothing is on display at all. Like some shorts are so short that your butt cheeks show but mine doesn't show at all. Will it still be OK to wear them then? If nothing is showing then I can't be labelled as trashy or can I? Thanks for the input

Thanks so far for the answer.
My body type is fine with it. I'm naturally slim so it's not like it looks bad in a "doesn't suit my body type" way. Also, no matter how I sit, stand or bend over my ass still does not show. Just lots of leg but no butt
Thanks everyone. I decided to return them anyway because as it was pointed out, I should feel 100% comfortable in them which I didn't. I bought myself a new skirt instead which is definitely longer :P

Most Helpful Girl

• I always wear short-shorts. They suit my leg shape better than longer ones. If you think they suit your body then there's no problem so long as you feel comfortable. If you think your upper thighs are one of your problem areas then bring them back. Also look at where they're positioned on you waist or hips. If you can pull them down further then they'll look longer but you'll have to be aware of them riding up to the narrowest point when you walk or sit.

What Guys Said 15

• the simple fact is if you feel uncomfortable then you shouldn't wear them. but maybe ask a gf what her impression would be if you wore them. if you don't want to give off a certain image then trust a friend to let you know.

• People can label you trashy for wearing anything less then a burqa.

Other people are naturists.

You can't please everyone. They sound good to me. I'd suggest you ask what you'd think if someone else wore them. If you think it would be fine, then I'd get over your own shyness.

• I agree with doutide2 but I also find if I wear something once or twice (that fits me different) I often find I like that style more than others. What I'm saying is sometimes it's good to risk trying new things that feel different. The worst that can happen is you don't buy shirts like that anymore. You may also only buy shorts like that in the future. Butt not showing is good though lol.

• If they're just another layer of underwear, then they are too short.

• Well they are too short if you butt shows obviously. cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/.../...gosselin-gas-04.JPG Though personally I think even this length is too short.

• It really depends on how good your butt and legs are.

• A bit belated but it should be fine if underbun isn't showing... not that I would complain if it was showing...

• If aas is showing. otherwise it's good.

• If you can see the curves of your ass in the back below where the shorts stop, they are too short. As long as they cover your ass completely, they are a-ok in my book.

• They are too short when they cease to perform the function of covering areas that society deems not appropriate.

So, at least 1 hand length, at least, that's what I think.

• For girls? there's no limit to how short lol. For guys... if he looks gay then i think its safe to say they are too short.

• If you can bend all the way over without anything showing, you're OK.

• When they show your butt cheeks I think they are too short.

• It is not possible for a pair of shorts to be too short. If they are so short that there isn't a crotch then you have a mini- skirt. :-)

• Only girls will call you trashy. Guys will call it hot. Or think it, if they are near judgmental girls.

What Girls Said 7

• for girls - if I can see some cheekage
    for guys - if I can clearly see their balls bouncing around in there when they walk quickly or run

• I think short shorts are too short when your butt is hanging out of them.. or nearly hanging out

• This img.gawkerassets.com/.../ku-medium.jpg ... I wonder why they even bothered to put them on... they look just the same with panties... plus it looks awful.

• Mid-thigh and longer is a good length for shorts. Above mid-thigh means you're showing off a lot of leg. And a lot of leg means a lot of stares from a lot of guys.

• If I can see your butt cheeks they are too short. This includes bending over as well. As long as you're properly covered, I wouldn't worry :)

• If you don't feel comfortable wearing them don't. Take them back for an exchange.

• As long as your butt is covered you're fine, but it's just up to how much you feel comfortable with.