Do you worry that you aren't good enough because of your body?

Since there is so much pressure on people nowadays to be perfect and slim. Do you worry that you aren't good enough because you can't live up to this impossible ideal?

Most Helpful Girl

• As a female, I understand where you are coming from. I used to be really self conscious of my body, I'm on the thicker side (according to magazines and the media), always have been. Guys never used to talk to me because all the other girls were trying to be models, my leg was like two or three of their and that was appealing lol. So I want to tell you this, it does not matter how you look as long as you are healthy. Once you are healthy then you can worry about if you like the way your body is or not.

Once you realize that you are an healthy individual, realize the damage that all these people do to themselves to seem like something out of a magazine, the women and men in those magazine are airbrushed and enhanced (cosmetically/surgically) to the point where they don't look like themselves/ who they were before in person.

Love yourself. Love your body, this is you. The only you there is. Don't loose your identity trying to be something you are not. If you have stretch marks embrace them, most REAL women do. You have some love handles, don't stress it, most women do. Your lips are full, love em, some people pay to get all of that.

I'm still thick but I'm a bit more athletic than I used to be only because I had a wake up call to be healthier than I was at the time, that is my only motivation when it comes to my body. To be healthy. And honestly, I can't picture myself being a skinny girl with no boobs and a super flat washboard stomach. I'm real, I like to live and although I like to be healthy, I'm not going to spend every waking day of my life working out or saving to get the perfect butt or something while the joy that is life actually passes me by. There is way more important things to worry about, as long as I am HEALTHY.

• That's the problem. SCREW people. They don't matter, you need to do what's best for you. Your body is a machine, if you want it to be healthy you need to listen to what IT is telling you, not other people. There comes a time when you have to not give a shit about what people think of you. You will never be happy if you're constantly trying to please other people.

If your thick now, embrace it. Just be thick and healthy. Stop constantly trying to change your body to suit other people. It's YOUR body. And its taking more than a physical toll on you. And that, that right there is really the worse thing, its messing with your head and you don't need that. So start tossing aside what other people think of you and let only who you are be the thing that matters.

What Guys Said 5

• When I was younger I used to care... then I got ripped as shit and I figured out that I still wasn't getting girls. I stopped giving a fuck after that lol.

I still keep in shape and stay strong because I like being strong. I like being in shape. It's all about me at this point, don't really care what anyone else thinks.

• Not in the least. I've got good genetics and a natural disposition for physical activities. I'll be in good shape all my life provided I don't suffer any serious injuries that inhibit my mobility.

• I won't lie, I used to feel this way at one point. Then I lost the weight and started exercising and eating right, all of which combined to make me feel amazing.

• Nope, I just flex my biceps, and all my worries bounce away ;)

• Unfortunately, I do all the time. It has affected almost every aspect of my life. I have trouble initiating conversations with girls because I get self-conscious about it. I'm even less social than I was when I was younger. It's become one of the biggest regrets in my life. I've been working on losing it, but it's going to be a while until I reach my goal.

What Girls Said 5

• No. I eat healthy and I exercise. I'm not overweight and have no health concerns. Do I have 10% body fat and steel abs? Nope. But I'm not unhappy with my body and don't feel pressured to make it "perfect" either.

People with perfect bodies have them because of a hell of a lot of work (which I don't have the discipline for), surgery (psht I'm a broke student) or genetics (I'm not so fortunate). I'm shit outta luck so I just embrace what I've got.

• Hell no but I can also cook out, pick out good booze and I'm damn flexible

• Yea especially after two sets of multiples but my husband makes a point to tell me he still finds me attractive :)

• Yes I do. I wish I didn't. I naturally have curves and thick thighs and hips and big boobs. So even if I am at a healthy weight I still have people asking me why I don't loose weight. I was even underweight when I was a teenager and I had people call me fat. Even family members. Even though I don't like being too thin and like my body I can't help but get affected by people.

• I know I'm not good enough because of my body. I lost weight but had the extra skin and was still ridiculed and rejected. I ended up gaining the weight back because I went back to food out of depression. People are cruel.