Girls: I need help picking out a purse/clutch/bag for my wife. My attempt last year failed and I need some assistance?

As some background, my wife is into purses. The purse I bought her last year is still sitting in the closet with the tags on it. When I went to buy I just asked the lady that works there to suggest a couple trendy bags. which obviously did not work. I guess I should have done some research prior to purchasing.

Girls: What color is in? What designer? Any suggestions for the best place to buy it online?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• A lot of women are very picky about their bags and tastes vary. What I like, your wife may not be into. Perhaps you should look at the bags she currently owns and uses a lot to get a general idea of what she likes. Then, I could probably offer some suggestions tailored to your wife's personal tastes. That way, there's a higher chance that she'll like what you get.

• I'm stingy with using expensive gifts, I would also let it hang to not dammage it. But guess always works, or aldo or nine west. It shouldn't have a very long sling, it should touch your hip if it's over your shoulder. And don't get too small bags, woman like carrying their shit around. We don't want a bag where a lipgloss and a tampon fits in. A too big bag ends up too messy. So just get about 25 x 15cm bag. That should do the trick. Black or earth colours goes with anything, but if she's in to reds and pinks you could do that too. Blue is also okay. Depends on what colour shoes and belts she has. And if she wears a lot of jeans get an earth colour, and if she wears black pants get black/ grey/ silver. Easy peasy

• it is not really about what color is in or designer.. it is about what she likes. maybe take a pic of all her purses she uses and I can have some kind of idea... I am a purse person!

• Look at her current bag now. Find some similarities in her purse now to figure out what to get her. Nothing too big or too small. Neutral colors are best because they go with most outfits. And a designer that is well known. But not over the top. Unless she likes that!

• Best bet take her with you.

• black is always the safest color, when buying a hand bag because then it goes with everything and you cant rlly tell when it gets rlly dirty

• Basic colors are best. Black, taupe, grey etc. bc they are easy to combine.

• Black, brown, red or dark purple. Marc Jacobs.

• I could have a very different taste in purses then your wife so I say the best thing to do is take her out shopping, probably in a store with mostly purses or guide her over to some in a store. See what's she stops to look at, what she says about a certain one, and then either get her to head out to the car and buy it then or come back to get it later.

What Guys Said 0