Who has also the "whale tail" problem?

I'm a 20 year old, 5'6", 126 lb female. Measurements 34-26-35 (bust-waist-hip). No matter what kind of pants I wear, the second I sit down, my thong shows. I've tried every size I can possibly squeeze into. If I get them any tighter at the waistband, they are too tight and uncomfortable. I am by no means fat or even pudgy. I'm quite fit and active so I'm not worried about muffin top or anything. I just feel awkward when my butt crack is constantly showing, especially in class. hahaha. Weird question, but has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to have that problem a lot. The issue doesn't come up because of poor-fitting thongs, but more because of your pants. When you're wearing skinnies or jeans, make sure to wear a belt so that when you lean over or sit down they don't ride down too much. When wearing sweat pants or any sort of leggings/yoga pants, make a conscious effort to make sure they're around your hip bones so that, should you sit down, your thong won't show.

Also, for whichever pants I'm wearing, I've developed a habit of frequently pulling them up, even while bending down to prevent my thong from showing by accident.

What Guys Said 5

• Try wearing low rise panties not thongs.

• wear a belt or like a waistband under the pants

• next time im sittin behind you.. :)

• Wear a belt, avoid low-slung pants. If you're buying jeans, ask the salesperson to offer you a high-waist fit instead.

• Maybe your pants are low waist and you should try a regular waist.

What Girls Said 12

• I used to have that problem a lot at the beginning of high school. It helps to wear your pants not sitting on your hips so do away with all those 'low-riders'. Wear pants around your hip bones so a little higher, and be sure to wear a belt. After I started doing those two things, the problem is pretty much resolved. However, keep in mind every time I bend over or sit down I still make sure to pull up my pants in the back just to be safe if they ride down a little bit.

• Try to get pants that don't ride so low and get a belt.

If it's still a problem then you can wear an undershirt (like a light tank top or something) and tuck it in, that way they only see the shirt when you sit down.

• You could try wearing longer shirts... I mean that is the best way to solve it. www.loveculture.com/1000029036.html

• i wear low and high. loose and tight. still a problem. butt crack be showing for no reason.
    flat butt problems. too much darn space it slides down :(

• Get high rise or mid rise pants. I just got a pair, it was my first and they are so comfortable. Also, instead of skinny jeans (if you wear those) I find jeggings stay up more. Also longer shirts. Belts.

• I had that problem, i hate wearing belts but i conceded. bc the alternative of flashing my class mates/ co workers, was less appealing.

• It's the low rise pants
    The only solution is to get pants with a higher waist

• Most jeans are low rise, just keep an eye out for mid and high rise. I don't mean high rise like those waist ones lol

• Get better fitting thongs and wear a belt.

• Wear a belt, go commando.

• I haven't ever had this problem. You should probably buy some pants that have a higher waist. The lower the waist is, the more likely you are to show your thong. You could also wear some longer shirts/cardigans/sweaters etc that can cover up your thong.

• For real?

I don't have but crack problem. Also I don't wear thongs. My underwear has never showed out of my pants but if I wore certain style of jeans it would stick out.

I think some pants are sewn so that your but crack will show.

Buy normal pants that is the answer.