Anyone who has cartilage ear piercings, do yours occasionally hurt for no reason?

Just a random thought. I've had helix piercings in both ears for almost 6 years and tragus piercings in both for about 2-3 years.
Most of the time they feel fine but they randomly get achy. I happen to be talking to someone and she said hers do the same thing. I have quite a few piercings and have taken care of them well. My cartilage piercings are the only ones that give me trouble sometimes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, sometimes they do hurt. I don't know why though.

What Guys Said 1

• I bumped my girlfriends cartilage piercing and she has been in pain for a few weeks.

What Girls Said 1

• I had a cartilage piercing for about 6 months and it bothered me all the time like sharp pains for no reason... so I finally just took it out. I wonder why it happens?

• It probably wasn't healed yet cartilage piercing usually take more than six months to heal. They are notorious for being problematic and painful during and after the healing process