Where can I get purple hair dye?

I want to put purple streaks in my hair for SXSW. Where do y'all get the dye for that? Do they sell it at Sally's or Ulta? Those are the only places I can think of at the moment.

Okay I've only dyed my hair once so I'm clueless. That was for Halloween . I purchased the dye at Walmart (black).

Most Helpful Girl

• Sally's has it yeah. CVS, Walmart.. I'm sure other places have it as well.
    I personally like manic-panic from sally's but you have to strip your hair first and it doesn't come with the bleach to do it.. which i prefer because then i can get my own preferred bleach or whatever I plan to use to lighten my hair prior to dying it purple or whatever color.

Splat from walmart or CVS already comes with some kind of bleach... which I don't like because usually they use the cheapest kind and the highest developer which just damages your hair soooooo much more. so i rather buy it separately.

• Where should I get the bleach? And do I just bleach the strips that I want to dye? Or do I have to bleach my whole head?

• Nah i decided that I'm going to just wait and do my hair just a different style for the concert.

I dont' want to bleach it. I want to use the alt. that you mentioned.

• Oh! best decision ever then! Bleach is never a good option unless it's absolutely necessary. Have fun! :D!

What Guys Said 1

• My girlfriend got purple hair dye, I would first look online.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes at Sally's right now I have one from there that I love, I have read that manic panic fades really fast but yeah that's trial and error. You know you have to strip the hair very light blonde to get these types of color right? It's better to buy at Sally's cause you buy everything separated and like skullyy said better quality bleach I used ion color brilliance brights in the blue and teal one and they turned out nice not exactly like I wanted cause I didn't strip it as light as I should, I also bought the purple wish is gorgeous a deep purple. To bleach my hair I used ion as well ion color brilliance lightened and the developer from the same brand also they were ammonia free it makes a huge difference with the smell and how it damages your hair so I highly suggest it.:)

• I have used splat before and the bleach is definitely not the best , but the blue was an amazing color.

• Try hot topic

• Rickys or a costume shop. There is a brand called manic panic...

• Ulta, Walgreens...

• I've seen all kinds of colors (including purple) everywhere -
    Walmart
    CVS
    Walgreens
    Target
    Sally's