Do people guess your age correctly?

Do people guess your age correctly?

I'm always mistaken for being 5 years younger or so.

How about you?

• People can often guess my age correctly.
  • I often get mistaken for being 1-5 years older.
  • I often get mistaken for being 1-5 years younger.
  • I often get mistaken for being 6+ years older.
  • I often get mistaken for being 6+ years younger.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 12

• I just turned 44. Almost everyone who meets me assumes I'm 28-30 based on my appearance and my personality (not immature, but laid back and fun). No one has ever guessed that I'm over 40 (35 is, I believe, the oldest anyone has ever guessed), and they often don't believe me when I tell them the truth. I've been carded going into bars and clubs even recently (I have friends in bands, and I'm a "back-up" DJ for a friend).

Of course, I don't drink, smoke or use drugs (illegal or otherwise), and I take reasonable care to stay out of the direct sun, so my skin isn't prematurely aged. I have a little gray in my hair, but that's about the only visible suggestion of my age.

• I'm almost 29. Some girl said she thought I was 20 during the Summer. The girl needs glasses...

People generally say I look a bit younger. Not sure what to think.

• I'm usually assumed to be older than I actually am, in high school people always thought I was an upperclassman when I was an underclassman. I'm pretty tall and not very scrawny so I always figured that was the reason.

• Till I didn't turn 40 no one ever did :D Salt pepper hair, baritone voice & poker face used to do the trick and it was always to my advantage ;) right from driving when underage to watching 18+ movies at cinemas to when in my early 20s I was at a senior designation with much older people reporting in to me.

Even now (after I started working out again and watching my diet) people think I'm below 40 i. e. somewhere in my 30s (weird isn't it lol)

• Usually correct or a couple of years younger. I could care less.

• More or less. They're usually within about two or three years.

• People think I'm older because I'm mature and have facial hair. I'm 19 and people at work think I'm 20-22.

• I get mistake for being 6-8 years younger lol. It's awesome.

• People generally think I'm 2-3 years older. I have a beard though and before I grew it they usually thought I was 2-3 years younger lol. Was horrible being 18 and getting mistaken for a 15 year old.

• I am 20 but people think I look 17 or something from my face because I have a baby face but that's cool

• 10 years tounger all the time. I often think about people who spend a lot of money just rying to look their age, let alone younger. I do nothing other than wash my face every day in the shower and also i dont carry too much weight

• No, I'm often mistaken for looking/being seven to ten years younger.

What Girls Said 25

• I get asked, "Are you going to be in 8th or 9th grade next year?" I'm a sophomore in college.

Last year I was mistaken for a ten year old. We had relatives of family friends over and the wife says, "Alex speaks with such diction and impressive and mature word choice."

And my mom says, "Well I would hope so; she's 19."

The woman apparently thought I was as old as her 10 year old son.

Oh, and no, I do not take it as a compliment. It's one thing if they'd say, "Wow, you look 17, not 20." It's an entirely different thing if they tell me I look 10. It's worse if they don't ask my age and just speak to me as though I'm a child. Then they're so amazed by my intelligence and say something stupid like, "Wow, you're intelligent beyond your years!" And I say, "Really? I thought all 20 year olds were roughly as intelligent as I am." Then they stumble to recover themselves.

• Hahahaha thanks for sharing.

• ha ha ha that's so cute that they consider you precocious but I completely understand what you mean, it's no compliment to be treated like a kid rather than a young lady and that's not amusing

• I get 18 all the time and I'll be 23 this year. Just before my 21st birthday I was out to eat with my family and this older waitress that we see a lot said to me, "Sweetheart, you are so darling. Would you like a job? Wait, are you 16 yet?" Lol whaaaat... I was about to graduate college!

• I often get mistaken for being 6+ years younger, now is about 9, 10 years younger.
    I'm starting to think it's awful, getting hit on by all the "kids"... Maybe it's better to look your age, or just a couple of years younger.

• Hahaha... You have a point!

• Next time you get hit on by someone significantly younger than yourself, ask if they need a babysitter... It has to be done once or twice in your lifetime because it's pretty funny. A bunch of 15 year olds were hollering at me and I asked them that, they looked mortified :P

• Hahahaha... The guy at first shows huge interest in me but then when he knows my age, he looks disappointed and blushes and then gives me an excuse to leave. Funny, huh? Sometimes I feel like guys view us girls as a package. Goes both ways for too.

• I've been mistaken for a kid several times, so I'm guessing around 12, and I'm 22... it doesn't help that I'm short

• Twelve! Why? Do you like that?

• People tell me "One day you'll be grateful for looking younger". Hahaha. Height plays a factor but it's not just that. It's the overall figure. I know it sucks when people don't take us seriously. I've been there.

• I'm always getting carded and a few times accused of using fake ID.

• don't take this the wrong way (it's a compliment), but in your pic you look a little like Lacy Channing...

• http://media-cache-ec0. pinimg. com/originals/cb/81/1e/cb811e4f2cb60782c4e9d78a454fd2fc. jpg

• I get mistaken for being a lot younger. I'm 19 and some people think I'm still 15.

• I'm 22 and still get carded when I buy cigarettes! I've even had a person ask what college I planned on going to after graduation, and I said, "Um... I already graduated from college." But the people that do know me say they forget how young I am because I'm really 'mature and insightful'.

• Nope, in pictures sometimes I can look my age but in person most of the time I do not look 21, lots of people think I'm like 16 to 19.

• I'm 19 but I look younger than my 13 year old sister, that being said she could pass as like 16. It's mainly due to how rounded my chin is and how pale my skin is.

• I'm 30 and I still get carded. If I don't have it at a restaurant they refuse to serve me alcohol. It's ridiculous.

• People generally think im in my late 20's. It may have to do with my tattoos, or my personality, but im only 18

• I get mistaken by being younger. I'm 21 and people usually think I'm 17.

• I get mistaken for 7 years younger then my actual age...

• I get mistaken for being 3 years younger than I am. But I'm only 20, so I couldn't possibly look any younger than 16-17. Maybe when I get older, I will get mistaken for being 5+ years younger.

• Typically yeah so I voted A.

• I'm 23 and mistaken to be 17.

• people think im 18 or 19 ... im 27

• People always ask me if I'm 16 or 17 but I'm 18. Not that big of a difference I guess.

• People always think i'm either 2 years younger or 2-3 years older than my actual age ! Aha

• I'm 23 most people will say I look 21 to 25.

• People often think I'm about 17 or 18, but I'm 22 in a few months time!

• People think i'm 22/23 ish, but my real age is 18 :)

• I am 21 but people still think I am 16

• I'm 15 and I get offered alcohol constantly the oldest I've been called is 19!

• Im 26 and get mistaken for 16. Physically I haven't changed since I was 16, and I've always been mature for my age...:/