Why do people give ugly Stares at moms pushing a stroller in heels and dressed up?

When i go to the stores with my 2 month old and husband people give us the ugliest stares. Once i wore a long sleeve black skinny pants and pumps and every lady and some men just kept staring and some were really ugly stares. I dont get it? Just because im a mom and wife im suppose to look run down and not wear heels? Im 22 years old i play soccer so im super active so i still. Am able to dress how i use to with no problem.

Most Helpful Guy

• Typically as a parent you can't or shouldn't continue being "yourself." Me as a college student, party, drink, flirt with girls should be different than me as a father/mother. Typically you have to think more about your son/daughter, giving up drinking and smoking, cursing, bad habits. You want to be the role model and do what is right for your children. Sometimes that includes dressing properly. I don't think how you dress is wrong, but I'm saying that it can be wrong if you want to master parenthood.

What Guys Said 2

• They are jealous or maybe think it is inappropriate to dress like that. Or maybe they think you look good.

• maybe they're jealous that you still look so great even after giving birth

What Girls Said 2

• Because most people think all mums are like the typical stereotype, the housewive type, I guess.

• I think you're overreacting to nothing