What's your view on "clothes" and "fashion" in general?

see I am thinking about making some clothes to sell, and it got me thinking about the clothes we wear on a deeper, emotional, psychological level.

on the one hand clothes is one of the most intimate, most emotionally charged things that we can buy and own, like a house or car. It allows us to express ourselves and we never ever wear clothes that doesn't reflect who we are. Our clothes is our personality.

on the other hand, clothes are completely meaningless, they are dead, they don't matter, what you wear has no impact on what you do or who you are.

it is so superficial and yet so sentimental at the same.

what do you think? what does clothes and fashion mean to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Clothes and fashion is important to boost my self-confidence. If I'm wearing uncomfortable clothes or clothes that I don't like, I will always be self-conscious throughout the day and constantly tug with my clothing. And when people see it, it's a sign of low self-sonfidence.

But when I'm wearing something that I KNOW looks good on me or flatters my body in some way, I feel more confident and don't have to constantly adjust my clothes.

What Girls Said 6

• Wear whatever the hell you want. It's your life, your body. The only thing is that keep your freaking butt and boobs covered for girls, because not everyone wants to see that. But besides that, wear the clothes you like. Your clothes are one of the first things people notice about you, so go ahead and show them a bit of who you are!

• I can like fashion clothes sometimes when i'm going somewhere special but for everyday i don't really care i dress from what Mood i am in,, but i often just have a pair of jeans and a cool t-shirt ^^

• Don't let it get the best of you

• I love being able to express myself through fashion

• Make somthing inspired by feelings or emotions. Make them unique but not to weird

What Guys Said 1

• To me they are just a tool. A way to try and look more attractive to women. If I was living completely isolated or just with men and/or much younger/older women I would just wear anything and not care about it. Until I was about 17, and realised my clothes were affecting how girls reacted to me, I let my mother buy all my clothes with no input from me.