Have any of you girls ever worn a hoopskirt before?

Looking at old timey picture partly because I am procrastinating on work and because I like how women dressed back then, so the question popped into my head.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've tried one on for fun, but I don't think I would want to wear it for very long cause I think it would get uncomfortable

• Was it as a whole dress or just the hoopskirt?

• Sorry, its me again. I was just getting annoyed with the people on my other account, needed a fresh start.

I was referring to the latest one you had posted

• Hi, how are you. I just followed you on here. Start a new answer here so it will be easier. Glad you are back.

What Girls Said 9

• Hey, its me again!

• I'm doing alright, you? How did your midterm end up?

• hi. my labtop charger broke on Sunday. was hoping it would come today but did not. it will come Monday. sorry for not telling u sooner.

• I should have told you sooner, now your gone again. ): It broke on Friday , so I went on Sunday to get one but the cheapest was $40 and I could get one online for $20. Then it took forever to get hear because I could not pick fast shipping. I do not have internet on my phone and internet on xbox is a pain to use and I couldn't put links anyway. I did not feel comfortable doing personal stuff on the school computers. I should have informed you much earlier about it, instead of having you wonder where the heck I was. I am sorry.

• I have worn a hoop skirt, but it was awkward. Like wearing a cage around my waist and legs almost. But it was quite pretty. I like that the fashion for full dress/skirt support has mostly gone away from the hoops and towards a semi-stiff mesh crinoline. That's what you'll see under most gowns (like prom or wedding dresses) instead of hoops.

• When I when to prom a lot of girls wore tight dresses that did not even have that.

• Yeah, they squeeze your lungs up and stuff. That's why those women were always fainting. It's not good for you.

• Yeah, that's not good. http://media.carbonated.tv/102131_story__ph1.jpg Especially if it gets like that. I think they would still be look nice on occasion but not for everyday.

• Yes I have. I bought one but also had a ballgown type on black satin dress in that style. I love how they look on. So girly and feminine. I would wear one more often if given the reason LOL

• That sounds like a nice ballgown.

• ya a historical one. I'm sure they could make them more comfortable these days, but the old ones are torture devices. Seriously I would not want to wear that every day

• Lol nopes...

• Yeah several times. As a kid we used to play dress up with some. And then later for formal events and costume parties.

• What kind of formal events, if you do not mind me asking?

• I did it from such a young age it was normal, and I opted to play in them so yeah I liked it.

• Where they big hoopskirts?

• Never. I would love to though. I love mediveal dresses.

• Yeah, they are awesome. You could go to a medieval/renaissance fair. Then you would have a excuse to.

• Yeah I have just for fun, but they're really uncomfortable and it's hard to sit in them.

• What makes them uncomfortable?

• Haha I guess. It'd be pretty weird if you went camping with one of those as a tent though.

• Well a indoor tent then.

• I wore one, it was uncomfortable.

What Guys Said 2

• Lightweight hoop skirts, usually with nylon hoops, are worn today under very full-skirted wedding gowns. They can sometimes be seen in the Gothic fashion scene. Reproduction hoop skirts are an essential part of living history costuming, including American Civil War reenactment.

I don't think they're very feasible these days. There's no point in wearing them. You don't see men going around in tux's all the time, so why should the girls wear those kinds of dresses/skirts

• You have a point but I was just wondering. Plus, if they did wear one it probably involved one of the events you mentioned.

• I wear a hoopskirt all the time.