Is being an incredibly beautiful girl a curse?

Being beautiful is usually considered to be a good thing. But I was thinking, and it ma also have it's downsides:

-Struggle to make female friends due to jealousy
-Struggle to make female friends due to them worrying their boyfriend or the guy they like will be attracted to you
-Difficulty with dating as most guys might be intimidated and the guys who do approach beautiful women are likely to be shallow and have big egos
-Difficulty keeping a relationship because of partners jealousy and trust issues due to him worrying other men are attracted to you

So I have a couple of questions about this
1. Do you think being beautiful is a blessing or a curse? Why or why not?
2. Do you agree with the points I made? Why or why not?
3. Do you have any other points you'd like to make about the downsides of being beautiful?

The more details the better! This is something that has been in the back of my mind for a couple of months now and I really want to know what other people think. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• You are right in all those points. Its very difficult for me, near impossible to approach a beautiful woman but there's no reason for it. Im not super handsome but im decent looking. I give myself an 8. Some girls might say 7 and another a 9. I am a little shy/nervous at first but thats just cuz i really like whoever im with. I loosen up pretty quick tho. Im a really fun/sweet/romantic guy and i probably miss out on some amazing relationships because of it. Im not trying to brag, sorry. Anyway, guys do have a hard time approaching a beautiful woman. I think its also guys think theyre stuck up and dont want to be regected, especially in public. (that goes for the other point too). The mindset is she could have any guy she wants. Why would she be interested in me? I agree guys with big egos are more likely to approach a beautiful woman cuz their egos tell them, why would she not be interested in this amazing gift to women? I could see jealously being a problem too cuz the guy you're with dont want to lose you and he might have in the back of his mind you're waiting for the bigger better deal to come along. If you are talking about yourself, have you had any/all of these problems? Hope my comments are what you were looking for.

What Guys Said 6

• It depends on the girl. Can she handle the attention she gets?

For example, my sister is attractive (no I'm not being a creep). Guys check her out a lot (I notice at family gatherings). She sometimes likes the attention but she's been approached by some real creeps.

And the jealousy thing is true for a lot of girls. She has been backstabbed by her 'friends' in the past because she got attention when her 'friends' didn't. And there's also negative connotation that all attractive girls sleep around. My sister is a strong Catholic and sticks to her beliefs (if that makes any sense). Yet people still assume things.

For relationships, her first boyfriend broke up with her because he was heading to college and his reason was that he didn't trust her. But later we found out that he had slept with a girl the first week of when he went to college (she was still in high school).

The positive ones are that she gets what she wants and can easily sway or sometimes manipulate people. This can work to her or any attractive girl's advantage. This is especially true for the 'gold diggers' (I know, terrible term but it's true). Attractive girls can easily attract a lot of rich guys and will be with them for their money.

So it's probably even, both a positive and negative thing.

• first of all being beautiful is not a curse it's not a blessing either it's meeting a standard from most men. of course you'll make jealous girls around you since that those guys will take a look on you not the others.
    there's one thing you have to keep in mind: it doesn't mean that you'll get guys attention because you are beautiful it's because you are ATTRACTIVE big difference
    when I say attractive I mean it by how you can attract a guy attention whatever you look like!
    I know a girl that is beatiful but wasn't the hottest girl on her group but she was magnetic she can have the guy she want in no time no sweat!
    in the other hand one of her friend she is a lot more attractive than the other but she doesn't really catch the same amount of attention from guys than the first one
    it can be a problem if the guy have a low self-esteem or if you are the type of girl who use her physic to get what you want!
    like I said there's a difference between a beautiful girl and an attractive girl

• Thank you for posting this question. I have been thinking about that too. It's true. Most guys who approach I are he cocky shallow ones and the nice guys are generally too shy to approach such a woman. But there is one thing that a beautiful girl can do and that is to learn to approach the guys she wants. Remember, if the girl is beautiful, no guy is going to reject her. So they can use that to their advantage

• even ur parents can be jealous of u and get upset/angry/self conscious when u comment about how good looking u are. also people think ur an object and say he's hot / she s hot
    which sounds good at first but it gets kind of weird

• Its not a curse...
    Its actually a gift =D

• A girl being beautiful has downsides, unlike a guy being beautiful. You're right, for those reasons you mentioned. Plus, there's another one. Human resource departments in businesses are often dominated by women, and I've heard the allegation that they often discriminate against good-looking women (and, for that matter, also against bad-looking men).

That said, I still think it's better to be beautiful.

What Girls Said 5

• Not really a girl can just get guy friends and gay bffs if she is stuck with jealous bitches or she can jus befriend tomboys who aren't cray cray. Also there ain't no rule saying that a pretty girl can't approach a man. We live in the 21st century girl. And being hot gets you hired

• It can be a curse and make people hate you for a legitimate reason, say for example in a job setting environment where the boss favours you over others but treat others unfairly.
    If you're still in high school, it just depends. Bullies pick other people for a reason, because they have a 'weakness'

• Well... What you consider to be beautiful could be different to me or another person. Beauty isn't always about the outside appearance either. I think it is difficult being beautiful (I consider myself beautiful, cuzz there will never be another me), because a lot of guys do not leave you alone or vulgar comments are made.
    A real man will never feel jealous or insecure if he loves her.

• All of these things can still be a problem without being beautiful. being beautiful makes things easier,
    in the past id say except you never know if people 'really' like you or are just attracted to you. but you never now if anyone 'really' likes you anyhow.

beauty dos not make things worse. its what you do with it that makes a difference, in my opinion.

• For the most part yes