Chipped nail polish = unkempt?

Would chipped nail polish on a girl make her look unkempt? (she is otherwise clean, clean clothes, clean hair, etc.)

God knows we don't have time everyday to take care of our nails, and those things takes ages to dry. So sometimes we run around with chipped nail polishes.

If you were on a date and the girl shows up with slightly chipped nail polish, what would you think? Given that the date is not somewhere fancypants and high-class, of course... Maybe movies or coffee date or a picknick... Would you judge her?

any guys want to answer this question?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, and I do notice chipped nail polish on girls more than anything else. I don't automatically think she is unkempt unless her hair and clothes are also messed up. Otherwise I just think she is busy/cleans/washes a lot of dishes. If I am dating a girl and she comes with slightly chipped nail polish on a date I would not judge her unless its a first date, then I would wonder.

What Guys Said 6

• It's not unkempt but sure shows (pardon my choice of words they aren't meant to be demeaning or rude)
    1. Lack of making time for self (it doesn't take too long to touch it up and for it to dry)
    2. No eye for finer points
    3. Taking things for granted
    4. Not prioritizing / giving importance to need for countenance
    5. Lack of exposure to finer side of life

I wouldn't have gone anon even if the option existed :)

It's all about what and how we believe in things :) I don't run after perfection but presentation is a very important thing. This doesn't apply to just girls but guys too :)

• It really is not that simple. Nails that are constantly covered in nail polish would become yellow-ish, so 10 minutes is clearly not enough. Because guys also would not like seeing yellowish nails. It takes time to get rid of the yellowish or apply oild, and nailcare, which consists of more than 2 steps. It is really more complicated to keep your hands and nails perfect. 10 minutes won't do.

• Not everyone has the time to just apply nail polish only to leave it for 2 days. And please don't patronize me, Raj.

• Young lady my answer starts with 'pardon me...' my intention is never that. Whatever I say, I have practiced young lady (not applying nail polish to myself but to my wife lol). I've done that and more :)

It's just a matter of choice and we always generally have a choice, just a matter of choosing :)

I never did, never will EVER intend patronizing anyone especially a woman or a child or people senior to me :)

I regret you perceived it that way :)

• As long as the general "look" of the girl (clothes, hairs,...) look okay, I wouldn't mind.
    If it would go together with visibly old clothes, hairs not taken care of and a general tired look, it would chase me away.
    Except if I knew the girl was a bit in trouble in her personal situation and simply had other priorities or could not afford anything else.
    In the end, it's someones heart that counts :-)

• Nope. It wouldn't be a big deal at all.

• If you don't have time to make it look good, it's better not to have it at all

• Nah, its fine, unless its someplace fancy

• I could care less.

What Girls Said 5

• I never go out with chipped nail varnish. It's a massive pet peeve of mine.
    But honestly. Unless they're a terrible mess, I doubt any guy is going to pay too much notice or care at all. I mean, only one guy I've ever dated has ever rally paid any attention, and that's only because I tend to re-paint mine most days, and after a while I guess he couldn't help but notice the colour kept changing.

• Ah such a good question! I wear nail polish all the time and I'm lucky if I go 2 days before chipping them. I'm really curious as to what the guys will say over it.

• I have chipped nail polish atm. Looks eww.

• I totally agree with you, I want my nails to look nice, but at the same time, no one has time for that stuff. Just put on a clear coat every once in a while and forget about it

• i tend to have that :P