Is wearing thong underwear under a short skirt common?

I was having a debate with some friends over whether or not wearing thong underwear under a short skirt was common behavior... I do it all the time and see nothing wrong with it. In the locker room a friend noticed I was wearing one under my cheer uniform to class and told me it was a bad idea and that no girl would ever do it... I said that there was nothing wrong with it so long as you keep it under... What are some other people's opinions on the subject? Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• They are right its trashy. I was raised that you wear shorts under a dress or skirt. I always did even when I was 16 and 17. My exes mom even told me that she always respected me for doing that and that she like that I wasn't like some of these girls that came to her house with mini skirts on and a thong, No days there are cute boy shorts underwear that would be more appropriate. Just my opinion.

What Guys Said 3

• depends how short the skirt is, yeah you said mini, but that could be short, or short short, like a micromini, plus it depends on the type of skirt

its probably a bit slutty, but, if you like doing it, then do it, don't let other peoples opinions decide whether you do something or not

• Cheerleading that would be a no unless you have on spandex spankies over your thong. I mean you are going to be doing kicks and stuff which would show off your ass. I mean if you are comfortable with it whatever. If it is a nice ass no one would complain about seeing it. Except maybe teachers and junk.

• Thats a surprise to me for the girls to be saying its a bad idea and it's sleazy or whatever. My high school just about every girl wore a thong and with anything.

What Girls Said 2

• for class, I'd say it's kind of a bad idea. if you were going out, you had someone to "impress," you had plans on them coming off, sure, it's fine. but wearing them in high school is a little sleazy. I admire your gusto!

• I wear thongs with everything. Skirts are no exception.