Are dark-skinned females considered less attractive than their lighter skinned counterparts by most guys?

I ask this out of curiosity. I have a friend who is mixed and obviously has several insecurities about herself. She feels that the typical white female (for lack of better words) with very wavy, flowing hair and light skin is superior in attractiveness. It doesn't help that her brother and literally all of his friends are only attracted to white females. I completely understand preferences but they speak as if light skin is a gift from God.

I have never felt insecure about my skin color in any way (my family has always loved dark skin) but it's hard to not have some doubts when your friend, her brother, and all of his friends clearly believe that those with fair skin and straight/wavy hair are more attractive. Almost as if someone like me, with skin the color of a Hershey bar and super thick curls, does not add up. Or like I'm just that one girl who's kind of cute but will never be beautiful because of my skin color.

Do most guys feel this way? I know of course there are some guys who do like dark skin. But I'm asking about the majority. Please give honest answers, I'm curious to know if most guys feel like my friend's brother and his friends feel.

Most Helpful Guy

• Skin color has never really been anything I've cared about. I've dated redhead Irish girls who were blue-white, and I've dated black girls that were African -black, and just about everything in between. It really never even occurred to me to care about the shade of their skin.

What Guys Said 4

• There are takers for every color on the skin. I'm sure there are those who adore Mystique too (from X-Men).

Attraction / beauty lies in eyes of the beholder :)

Most time it's just that 'the other side of fence is always greener'

Personally I find dusky skin women more attractive, have always liked a woman that way.

So it's 'to each his own'

• I generally prefer lighter skinned women. That said, I genuinely feel like every race is full of attractive people, and I would date a black girl for sure if I was into her.

• I actually love brown skinned women. Indians middle easterns Persians, they are EXTREMELY beautiful. Seriously one brown skinned middle eastern girl at my college causes me to paralyze and gape.

• I'm a darker skinned guy or tanned guy. But, I am into the same type of girls as me. Tanned looking so we look more similar. But, at the same time I wouldn't not go out with a girl, because she was darker or lighter than me. I've been attracted to all types of girls with different traits. Sometimes you just find someone attractive no matter their color, and a lot of it comes from the girls personality.

What Girls Said 3

• This is so silly... Of course everyone has their preferences and tastes. And everyone is attractive to someone.

• NOOOO that's not true! Im very pale and I have wavy dark brown hair and trust me, it has nothing to do! Most people tell me I should tan because they think darker skin is more attractive in my country. I think different countries have different standards for beauty but as long as your friend is healthy and takes care of her appearance she will be perfectly fine and I bet she is beautiful! My guy-friends tell me that when they notice a girls "hair" is not because of the texture or the color, they notice if it smells good, looks clean and is shiny! you see? just keep yourself healthy and she will rock on! Hope I helped!

• I doubt it. Different colored people come from different ethnicities, backrounds, and especially environments. People do have their own interests in certain traits in people, but if you're automatically attracted to someone, their skin color isn't the main reason. Asides from that, its like asking if all female prefer light-skinned males, which isn't true as well because each and every one of us are just attracted to different kinds of people, and usually not one kind depending on religion purposes, etc