Why is everyone on here afraid to show their pictures or user names?

Its no big deal who you are but I was just wondering if you can't expose yourself to a complete stranger how can you expect them to give you good advice. Believe it or not but where you live can also determine the reliance of advice and even your appearance. Sad part is most of you probably have myspaces too lol.

Let me clarify a little I don't mean to flame anyone for their personal views on private securities but the point I am trying to make is that it is rather impersonal to give advice to someone who you can't be sure of their sex or age or visa versa.

Most Helpful Girl

• As far as posting my picture as my avatar..

1.) I'm afraid someone I know will identify me, and I say some things here I'd rather they didn't know about me.

2.) I'm not always confident in my appearance and would rather not worry about people judging me. I have my picture in my profile, but few people can actually see it.

As for being anonymous..

1.) I don't need a hate club, and there seems to be a lot of judgemental or sensitive people out there. I don't need people discriminating against me because they don't like how I think or what I do.

2.) Some things I might not want associated with me because it may somehow undermine my credibility.

For the record, I don't have a myspace or a facebook or anything like that. :p

What Girls Said 5

• because it's not necessary nor mandatory to post a picture.

if I wanted to, I would-but that's highly unlikely

but I like to just give my advice and have people judge me on my advice and what I have to say, rather than what my picture looks like or what I look like.

it doesn't mean I'm afraid or have low self esteem, or rather, I am the total opposite of that.

• I'm not afraid..lol obviously but I don't think it really matters unless you're asking physical questions about yourself.

• *probably

I don't have myspace or facebook and I'm not going to post my picture up here for loads of randomers to see. There is a chance someone I know could see it which I don't want-even though that's very unlikely. But I don't feel the need to post a picture up-there is no point. I've got by fine on this site without posting my picture. You're saying you need to have a picture for people to give you good advice-that's bs.

• i admit I'm scared of someone recognising me but hey I don't mind I do have facebook and myspace though but as you can see I'm not hiding who I am. I'm a yummy mummy haha. (milf in training) I can understand younger users who may be scared of asking a question and being ridiculed for it. the same with older user perhaps thinking that younger people may take them more seriously if we don't see a pic.

• i honestly don't wanna be found by rapers and things like that. pictures on wide open internet not my thing, unless I draw them.

besides once a picture lof yourself it can be any kind once its out there there's no getting it back o I don't wanna take that risk

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, I also really wonder about advice from people who won't even give a user name! It's not like most of us are giving our real identities, so it's compulsive behavior at some level.

• Don't make generalizations. Now for my answer. Funny thing is that I don't have a picture of me on this computer, I'm too lazy to post one, and I don't have a Myspace or Facebook. I'm never anonymous though so check my profile or other answers if you want to qualify my advice. How does your apperence make a difference in advice (except in the Style category)?

• When it comes to personal questions, some people would rather remain anonymous, I guess.

• I guess that makes me one of the braves ones?