Can people without thin legs pull off colored skinny jeans?

I'm not overweight I by any means, but I have fairly "thick" thighs. They're muscular, not fat. My waist is 24-25 inches (depending on the day lol) and my thighs are 22 inches. Not to mention my booty, which is also... Pretty big. Now, I love my legs but sometimes I worry that people might think that I'm fat cause they are large.
I LOVE light colored jeans, specifically the mint green ones. I think they are super cute. So I finally went out and bought a pair. However, I have been told to stay away from light colors on bottom because they make you look bigger than you are. So I've been hesitant to wear them. I know I shouldn't care what others think, but for some reason this is making me feel very self conscious. Tbh I will probably just wear them anyway, I'm just looking for some opinions.
So what do you think? Are these specifically for girls with thin legs, or do you think that someone with muscular legs could pull them off as well?

Thanks everyone :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Go ahead and wear them! Yes, light color add a few pounds but just be smart about what you are going to wear those skinny jeans with. You may want to pair it with 2-3 inch heels to make up for the illusion of ut giving you extra poundd. Also you may want to wear a cute lose crop top a colorful one that matches it :) that make your bust appear as proportionate to the bottom.

• I also have a big butt and my thighs are not big or thin. Just right. Skinny jeans are my thing and i get alt of stares just wearing them.

• Thanks :)

What Guys Said 9

• Yes you can wear them.
    If you're self conscious. Just wear them around the house until you get use to seeing yourself in them. Then you won't give a damn what others think

• you gotta stop posting things like that. You drive me crazy lol! Nice thighs and butt are soooo attractive. I can't stress that enough!

• Gurl I am sure you are going to pull-it-off. You are going to turn them skinny jeans into buff jeans.

• I don't think anyone pulls off skinny jeans. At all. I've never seen them look good on anyone because of the weird optical illusion they create by hiding the fact that human beings have calves.

• I am sure you would look great in them.

• If your body matches what your eyes can do, you’ll probably move right through.

• If your profile picture is recent, I would say: wear them! It will be a fresh look for sure and you really don't look fat :-)

• Muscular legs >>>>>>>>>>> thing legs. And ye Thats what skinny jeans are for

• To be honest, it does not look all that flattering.

What Girls Said 8

• Wear what you want, as long as you feel comfortable in them, and you (and maybe a girlfriend) think you look gfood in them, wear them! Don't follow rules, because our bodies don't exactly follow rules either.

Other idea: you can mix and match the mint green (LOVE LOVE LOVE the color!!) skinny jeans with a longer top that goes to your upper thighs.

• Thank you! I'm obsessed with mint lol. I'm just going to wear the damn jeans.

• I was too last year. I had mint shoes, mint bag, mint scarf, mint jacket, mint cardigan. Until I have the problem of not looking like a huge peppermint candy all the time.

• Bahaha if it makes you feel any better I have a mint maxi dress, white/mint chevron scarf, mint bathing suit, and a mint track jacket. But spring is coming so I think we are golden! (Or mint)

• I have a small waist and not big hips, but a kinda curvy butt, and muscular legs too! I wear skinny jeans all the time, (why are they the only style with cool colours and patterns?) and I think anyone can where them. Skinny jeans are so commonplace nowadays that they are pretty much a staple, so everyone wears them even if we're not the body type they were intended for. If you're worried about the light colour throwing you out of proportion, you could just wear a light colour and maybe a flashy necklace on top?

• Come on. There is no code for skinny jeans. I find nonsense. Everybody is free to wear anything they want.

• I thought I was the only one with legs like that? I have tried skinny never liked the looks My ex disagreed with me. LMAO haha

• Skinny jeans look their best on long, slim legs. It accentuates the length and leanness of the legs. However it really does depend on a lot of factors. You said that you're muscular so I'm assuming you're in good shape. If you're tall with a proportional body shape then you may be able to pull them off.

But if you're short with stubby legs then it's not going to look good. I have a friend who is 5'1 in height and an hourglass shape with a long torso and stubby legs. Skinny jeans accentuate how short she is and her stumpy legs.

• My legs are very long... Not thin, but long lol. I'm just going to give it a whirl and hope for the best :) thanks!

• Yes curvy people can pull the off good

• Yeah, I've seen some curvy girls who look awesome in them. Thanks :)

• oh that pastel mint colour... love it ! with a frilly white top !

• Your thighs are 22 inches together or apart?