My date/bf has long hair and it's making me uncomfortable..?

I don't want to sound superficial, but it's eating me alive everytime I get closer with him. He has very caring personality but I can't help it - he is also very skinny and therefore, I feel more manly myself. I am more like average shape, not overweight, but I don't have a sixpack either. We are about the same height. I know he won't be cutting his hair anytime soon because he told me he wants to grow it as long as it grows. Please, give me advice.. :(

Most Helpful Guy

• There's really no nice way to put that. If you don't like it, just leave him. If he means that much to you, then talk about it.

Also, Acka72's an idiot. Do not forcibly remove anything you dislike about your significant other. That's no more a joke than it would be to cut up your favourite dress that he dislikes.

What Guys Said 4

• Well first tell him that hair will continue to grow, longer and longer, that is unless you are dead. Other than that, just try to concentrate on his personality. Forget what he looks like. You might tell him that you have an issue with it. Offer a happy medium, such as shoulder length or something. I'm sure he is understanding and will try to make it better.

• why are you checking the list i am feminine and he is masculine, you should not care as long as you get along well.

• Well it is superficial but you must have known this when you started dating him and therefore accepted him as he is. If its causing you this much of a problem you need to leave. But be aware how you'd feel if some guy didn't want to be with you because of your hair or breast/body size. Its pretty shallow

• Well, sorry, I didn't see that coming. We have been going out for 4 weekends but now he asked me to his apartment and I think things are taking some turns now.

• Find someone new. If you don't like the person & accept them exactly how they are, even their flaws, they're not the right person for you, & you're not the person for him.

That's the main reason you know when you are with the right one, when you actually like their flaws & like everything about them just the way they are.

What Girls Said 2

• You feel more manly yourself.

You have three options. 1. Change yourself get skinnier so that you dont feel like a man when you are with him.
    2. Get his guy friends to cut his hair in his sleep as a joke.
    3. Dump him and find a man you feel feminine and sexual with. That is a very very important component for a relationship to work out.

• Long hair is sexy. and dont sweat it he likes you for a reason