Why don't the pretty and ugly girls at my school get asked out?

so recently I've been paying attention to this and found that the pretty girls at school don't get asked out by boys and neither do the ugly ones not to be mean or anything. but the average ones get asked out by a ton of guys. the guys will stare at the pretty ones and talk to them sometimes but they don't get asked out and they seem to never have boyfriends. the ugly ones don't get any male attention which is understandable but why don't the pretty girls get asked out?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, what the other guys said. In high school, the boys don't have their courage up yet. So it's the minority of high school age boys that will approach the smoking hot chicks. They all learn by the time they're 19. By then those smoking hot chicks will be getting hit on everyday. Or so the girls on here tell me.

I wonder what the game plan should be if you're the smoking hot girl in high school? Approach the guys you want? Only pick from the pool of available douchebags that are ready to be players? Maybe they all date college guys?

What Guys Said 6

• Pretty girls are assumed to be in a relationship, and no one is interested in ugly girls.

• These "average girls" are the perfect equilibrium of attractiveness and lack of risk (as in high odds she won't reject him).

The pretty girls are too high risk, the ugly ones aren't attractive enough.

• Guys dont ask out the ugly ones because they are not attracted to them. They don't ask out the pretty ones because they assume that the pretty girl is already in a relationship or because they are intimidated by the pretty girl

• it's not all about looks

^

• I think it's cause they think their chances with the pretty girl are slim. So why risk it? When they know the average girl will give them a better response.

• Ugly girls are ugly.

Pretty girls are perceived as being difficult to get and difficult to keep.

Therefore, most guys mostly go for average girls.

What Girls Said 3

• Not going to lie, at my high school I see more average/ugly girls that have boyfriends and like maybe 2% of the pretty girls that are taken. I noticed that some really pretty friends of mine don't even get approached or anything either but people talk. It's weird to me.

• Really? The unattractive ones don't have boyfriends at my school

• Yeah its really weird! We get hit on when we're not in school, but when we do its more the older guys instead of guys that are our age.

• They probably know the pretty ones already have a guy in secret. Or they're not quite normal (depression, bipolar and drug addictions) Rumours spread fast, if they are secretly servicing blow jobs to the to sport jocks.

• Why don't the ugly girls get asked out? Because...they're ugly?