Why do blondes look less intelligent than brunettes?

every time I see a blonde I wonder how low her IQ is. it's strange, but blonde girls seem less intelligent even though I know intelligence doesn't depend on the hair color. why is that? why do I keep on thinking they are retarded? are there other guys out there who think the same way?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• they don't look more stupid than anyone else, you just take the dumb blonde adage too seriously. I know a lot of blondes who have mince meat for brains, but I also know blondes who've got a lot going on up there, the same goes for all hair colors. next time you see a less than brilliant girl and she's NOT blonde, take note of that and you'll start seeing intelligence has nothing to do with hair color.

• sadly, I think that way too. aaaaand that's why I died my hair blonde. yup. I absolutely hate my hair blonde. but I kept thinking blondes were dumb, and the truth is, most of the ones I knew were. its stereotypical, but sometimes its true. But then again there are dumb people of all hair colors too. you can think that way, I would just advise you not to express that out loud

• its the jokes, the movies, the media who has potrayed blondes as dumb.

im a blonde and my IQ is 139.

so there is no way I'm dumb

• Because you believe stupid stereotypes about dumb blondes?

• sterotype and If you believe it, you are stupid.

• cause most blondes for some reason act dumb and I don't know why but they do. so don't blonde your hair! lol! JK

• Because you are brainwashed to think that by the media.

• Marilyn Monroe/Jessica Simpson/Paris Hilton dumb ditzy blonde stereotype. Do you get out much? There are fair haired women who defy that stereotype.

• I have brown hair, my best friend has blonde hair. She is just as smart as I am. She 3.9 GPA in college.

What Guys Said 4

• Some scholars think that the blond = stupid concept has a basis in reality. Sorta.

Get in your time machine. Go back 1,000 years. There's no hair dye, no salons. You're stuck with your natural hair color. Lots of people have blond or lighter hair when they're children, but their hair darkens with puberty and adolescence.

We all get a little wiser and smarter as we age. Well, most of us... So over many generations, blond hair was associated with youth, and it was also associated with the traits of youth. And the traits of youth include being naive and ignorant.

• Because you have heard way too many dumb blonde jokes and you can't help but buy into the stereotype. I may be wrong, but I would bet you are thinking of a particular style of girl when you apply that stereotype, not just blonde, but blondes who also fit a particular style.

• That's a pretty stupid way of thinking...

• I know it but I can't help it.

• They don't. Just stereotypes and media lead you to believe this nonsense.