How often should you get your hair trimmed?

I'm trying to grow mine out.

Most Helpful Girl

• every 8 weeks give or take. you need to get regular trim when you're trying to grow your hair or else your ends will become extremely unhealthy and when you do at last go in for trim, they'll have to chop a lot off. if your hair is really short now, you can probably go 4 months without a trim and not have bad ends. but if your hair is already past your collar, then you need to go in every 2 months or so just to get a tiny bit of ends cut off.

• I'm also working on growing mine out. if you want to go longer between trims, get a REALLY good deep conditioning hair masque to use once a week and leave in for 15-30 minutes. that will boost nutrition. also, if you can go without washing your hair everyday (I can't) then do. the natural oils in your hair are great for growth and washing your hair too often dries out the hair making it break more.

What Guys Said 1

• I think that's BS. When you're trying to grow it out, don't cut it. Ivarei is right about not washing it every day, that helps it stay heathy better than any shampoo, and your ends do not get so bad so fast. If you get it trimmed every 2 months, you will find out that in a year you hair hasn't grown at all, because you're getting all your growth cut off all the time.

What Girls Said 3

• I do it every six months. My hair grows fast. Do it when you start noticing your hair is getting split ends or looks shabby.

• If your trying t00o0o0 grow it out then don't cut it all mayeb onces eveery six months t0o0 get rid of splint ends but other than that d0o0n't get it cut at all

• I get my trimmed every three months or something like that.