Why are people making such a big deal out of crop tops?

I love crop tops, i feel totally comfortable wearing them and i have a small waist and whatever, but whenever i wear them at school people just stare really weird and they turn around to look at me again. Not just boys, also girls which is really annoying me. I could just stop wearing them because i dont like the way people react but i dont want to do that either because im confident on what i'm wearing and won't let people get to me. Even the other day i had crop top on and we went shopping, people would just not stop staring. Are they staring because they like it or because they think it's trashy?

lets say my crop tops are usually this length http://fashion-book.co/wholesale-lace-shop/miah-2

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that it is because crop tops are one of those items than not everyone should wear. A lot of the time I always say wear what ever you arfe comfortable in, but crop tops really push the boundary

What Guys Said 2

• It's probably not the crop top that's important to them. What they are really staring at is YOU. Specifically how you look In the crop top. Now I don't know what you look like but it sounds like they "mirin" lol

Just take it as a compliment and move on.

• I dont know about trashy, but I think they just look weird.

What Girls Said 3

• I like crop tops specially wearing them braless

• I see a lot of muffin tops all over the place.

• Yeah, those usually look trashy on just about everyone. It's like half a shirt. Why do you love wearing them? I mean wear what you want, but sometimes you have to consider the impression you're making on other people. So if you don't like people staring, then probably don't wear them.