Is it 88lbs too small for short girls?

So I'm girl with 5'2 and 88lbs, and 17 years. My friend told that I'm small and he suggested me to gain more weight, but I'm scared that I'll look fat because I'm short. So you guys think is it more attractive if i gain weight or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not a doctor but that seems really low. but height/weight ratio's are not cookie cutter, everyone is a little different. consult with your doctor.
    for instance I am 6' 3" . I once saw something that said my ideal weight would be 175lbs. I am bulimic (in recovery but still..) and when I was heavily into it I was down to around 182 and I looked pretty sick. so no way I can even do 175. My doctor thinks 225 is best but 250 is ok. I am 270 and fine with it.

What Guys Said 6

• Would need a pic, so hard for me to say. My daughter is that height and much lighter. She's also 11 years old, and looks like it.

• It's fine aslong as your ribs arnt showing when standing. like this is fine www.mybodygallery.com/photos-34056-body-shape.htm

• I would definitely look into gaining a little bit of weight just for health reasons. I doubt you would look fat. If you are worried there are healthy ways of gaining weight that minimize fat gains. Do a search on fitness sites for clean bulking.

• You wanna be who you wanna be or you wanna be who they want you to be?
    You gotta think with your own head, not with their head, you gotta love yourself that's all and people will love back, if you like your body, keep it.

• As long as you look hot, that's all that matters. Because you're short, you need to be careful. What sounds low to a taller girl might be fine for you.

• Yes get to 100 pounds and see if you like what you see. And if you do, Get to 115

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah, I suggest you get up to 100lbs, anything under that for a (almost) grown woman is seriously underweight. You might find you'll also have more energy and your mood will improve, because being underweight actually has an effect on how likely you are to be depressed.

• I'm 5'3 and 113 lbs. I'm sexy as hell and healthy too. Curves are your friends!