How often do you wash your hair?

I shower daily. But my hair is kind of dry and it's bleached so it has some damage. It doesn't look fried and broken overall but I am advised it's not healthy to wash anyone's hair every single day even uncolored hair because it is drying and damaging unless you get excessively sweaty or have super oily hair. Before I dyed my hair it was so oily but now it can go three days and not look or feel greasy. Scary.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not good for ur hair to shower daily , shower every other day or wait 2 days , but just clean ur body and leave ur hair, too much water can make ur hair really dry , cut the dead hair if u care about ur hair, then try not to dye it and avoid heat,, i hair was the same, it was deadddd and i hated it, but i didn't want to cut it cuz i didn't want it to get short, then i thought about it, it will grow, and i want a healthy hair, now i dont use heat, only if i go to parties, and i leave my hair to breathe , and its really healthy now :)

What Guys Said 8

• Once a week, even though I shower every 2-3 days depending on how dirty I get. It's not healthy to bathe and wash your hair every day.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmj_G6VxgT4

• Every day. My hair's pretty short right now so it takes like 20 seconds. Plus I use good shampoo without all of the nasty chemicals.

• 2 or 3 times per week does it for me. I usually have short hair so it doesn't get dirty that much.

• I'm a guy so its short. Every day, I go to the gym like everyday too, so getting a shower after that and washing my hair feels great!

• Everyday :)

• Other day. To much is actually unhealthy.

• I shower daily but U shampoo with a gap of 1-2 days unless i go for a swim.

• Once every day.

What Girls Said 20

• Usually I wash my hair 3 times a week, sometimes maybe even two times (depends on the activities of the week: sport, lots of work/school/appointments or not...). Unless my hair gets dirty, then I'll wash it an extra time. My hair is quite dry as well. When it's a day it's not clean but not dirty either, I'll just use a dry shampoo to spray in my hair and that'll get me through the day.

• I wash my hair daily. I used to have bleached hair too and it does just become dry, all the chemicals in it basically strip your hair of any natral oils. You'd rather have dry hair than greasy hair, I see no harm in cleaning your hair daily just try to avoid over using any heating products as they will really affect brittle hair.

• I shampoo my hair every other day.
    If I wait longer than that my hair immediately starts to look like it hasn't been washed in weeks... it's ridiculous.

• I wash my hair daily or every other day.

• I have curly hair that I wash once a week. I could actually go for a lot longer without washing my hair, I just tend to use a lot of product in it so I like refreshing it weekly. When my hair is occasionally straightened I wash it after 2 weeks.

The tighter curls you have, the longer you can go without washing your hair. People with wavy hair may wash it every 2 or 3 days. Very curly hair takes a long time to get dirty if you don't put much product in it, because it doesn't get oily or greasy.

• I shampoo every other day... depends. If I work out, then I wash it despite the every other day rule.

• 2-3/week. Unless I have a special occasion then I might wash it again even if I washed it the day before. I have very long hair, almost down to my waist, so washing it every day would dry it out too much and ruin it. I usually have it in a bun, ponytail or braid at work (hospital) so it doesn't get very dirty.

• Usually every two days. I too, have a bit of damaged hair from highlighting it all these years from bleach so I give it a days rest and I use a deep conditioner once a week as also use a hear protectant spray on my hair before I use my hair dryer and straightner. I use to wash it every day but it kept drying it out too much

• I shower and wash my hair everyday I know it's not healthy for my hair since it's dyed and makes the dye not last as long but I feel really dirty and umcomftorable the next day if I don't plus I use a really moisturizing conditioner so my hair is never dry because of it

• Everyday. I use conditioner on my ends. I know I shouldn't wash it everyday, but I just can't stand to go to bed after going out without washing my hair. All I can think of is "bringing the filth of the streets home on to my bed" hahaha

• Once per week I wish u could do it more often but that would really cause damage to it.

• I wash it everyday with shampoo and use conditioner.

• Every other day. If I have some days where I am not going anywhere I will do it once every three days.

• Daily, because my skin and hair generally get gross otherwise. I have a lot of hair and I never put it up so it feels gross against my skin, too.

• once or twice a wk. it rarely looks oily.

• I wash my hair everyday. I dont use shampoo everyday tho, but I use conditioner.

• Almost everyday

• When it needs it, haha!
    Usually every few days. I don't use product on my hair or anything, so it stays looking, feeling, and smelling clean for a while ^_^

• How does one shower and not get their hair wet? I have not mastered this technique and that is why I shower every other day.

• Whenever I feel like it.