When buying clothing/accessories, do you keep in mind what others may think of it? Do you think someone is be arrogant by the way they dress?

Let me start by saying I'm quite an insecure person, like to dress well and like my clothes and accessories to match. I'm not going far in this, as in: my handbag doesn't have to match my shoes or something. But sometimes I do like to dress a bit nicer than other times. Now I've seen this handbag I LOVE, but it's pink (www.thelittlegreenbag.nl/.../...d_coral_front1.jpg this is the bag). Now I sometimes care too much what others think (also hence this question). I don't want people to think I'm a barbie doll or arrogant or stuck up because I wear a pink handbag. I wouldn't think about it twice if it were black but this pink one I just love.
So this kinda has two questions:
- Do you care about the opinion of others when buying clothes or accessories?
- Do you think someone can come across as stuck up or arrogant by which handbag or clothes they wear?

Thank you for all your answers!

Most Helpful Girl

• Never dress for someone else. Wear what you want because you like it, and you feel good in it. clothing doesn't make a person who they are!

What Guys Said 3

• Do I care about the opinion of others - well somewhat.

Can someone come accross as stuck up or arrogant by which handbag or clothes - its unlikely one item will convey that, and to be honest, being a brand princess would drive that home much more than color. If everything you have is pink, you squeal when you see pink things, have a small dog with a strange haircut and expect everyone to pay you attention at all times, people may think you're arrogant. Even if you like a lot of pink but are down to earth, people will think you're sweet and girly.

• I do have two pink blazers, but I would make sure I wouldn't wear anything pink with them, because it would be a pink overload and would probably hurt my eyes, lol. Haha, that doesn't describe me at all, so thank god!

• Others? Only if I know my tastes are "out there"
    since they are only slightly deviant and prove to be ahead of their time, I like what the mirror & photos tell me more than fads... designed to make others big money by the burial of their last "big hits"

• Nah I don't worry about it unless it's clothes for a formal event. For informal clothes I wear all cheap no brand stuff because it's practical and easier on my wallet lol

What Girls Said 5

• The bag is not something I personally would buy, but when matched with the right clothes I guess it could look cute. Buy it if you want it and try not to care about what others think as much!
    Yes, I do care somewhat about what others think, but only in the sense that I don't enjoy (for instance) wearing sweatpants and sweatshirts out in public. I like to look presentable, both for myself and for others.
    I only think someone looks stuck up or arrogant if they wear designer clothes for head to toe.

• I'll openly admit, I'm usually one of those people who judge others based on their clothes.

But just one pink accessory at a time won't make me think you were stuck up or anything. If you wear more than 1 big and 1 small accessory in pink, then I'd think that you're a barbie doll. And not in a good sense. If you wear designer stuff from head to toe and have your chin held so high, then of course it would make you look arrogant or stuck-up.

If you like that bag, go buy it! I'd only suggest you wear neutral colors along with it, to tone the brightness and the girlyness of it. I don't know about other people, but too much girlyness just hurts my eyes haha... Wear earth tones with the bag, or white. Use bright colors only to accentuate, not from head-to-toe.

• That's what I was thinking too. Problem is, someone told me that when I walk, I can look arrogant, which is not my personality and I don't want to come accross as arrogant. I'm thinking of wearing that pink bag with a black blazer and just wear a more neutral bag with my colorful blazers :)

Thanks for admitting it, because to be honest, I bust myself on doing that too once in a while.

• - I care a little bit, yes. I know the clothes I wear will give off a certain impression and affect how people treat me, so I want to make sure I don't look like a slob or a bum.

- Honestly, I do judge people by their clothes, to an extent. But arrogance never comes to mind. I might think someone looks preppy, but I won't think she's arrogant/stuck up unless she actually acts that way. So if you like the bag, buy it! Just don't wear anything else pink at the same time, haha. :)

• I don't really care what others think about my clothes and accessories. And I don't make assumptions about other people being arrogant because of the way they dress or the bag that they carry. You like the pink bag? Buy it for yourself! It's cute and if other people don't like it, it doesn't matter cause they aren't carrying it.

I would not think you were a Barbie doll. More likely than not, I would ask where you bought it from.

• If you had fake blonde hair, fake boobs, and pink everything I would think you were a Barbie doll and possibly stuck up.

• Nothing wrong with that! That purse is darling- you have great taste :)

• Aw, thanks!

• Nope I buy what I like