Girls do you take girl compliments more seriously, or mens?

men are always saying you look hot etc..because we're thinking about sex when we do but women when they say something are always saying like "cute shirt, where did you get it" because they're trying to copy you or whatever...both are equally flattering, but do you take one gender more seriously?

i guess the same goes for men too? but men don't usually compliment other men

0|0
6|4

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls.
    Because men say things to get something, while when women give you compliments (they can be honest or not, but it's pretty easy to tell) they're actually helpful (i.e., that's a really nice color on you, accentuates your eyes - a helpful, constructive compliment).
    As opposed to a guy's compliment: those pants make your ass look like '...damn, girl!'... o.O

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I take guys' compliments more seriously. More specifically, my guy friends' compliments (I have a lot of guy friends). The reason why is because my girl friends give compliments very freely, and so do I. I compliment everyone, even if its just to say that I like your tie or I like your nail polish color. My girl friends do the same.

My guy friends, however, are very stingy with their compliments. So whenever I do get a compliment from one of them, it holds more value. For example, I take it more seriously if a guy tells me he likes my hair than when a girl tells me she likes my hair. A girl will compliment basically any hairstyle that flatters me even slightly. A guy will only compliment me when a particular hairstyle really makes me look very great.

Also, I don't dress for the attention of other girls. Honestly, I don't dress for anybody's attention (I dress far too casually for that) but I certainly don't care if I don't catch the attention of other females. I'm heterosexual, why should I care if a girl likes my outfit?

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually take a man's compliment more seriously. Men are much more careful with how they compliment people, especially women. They don't just compliment people left and right like girls tend to do. Sometimes I find that compliments from girl to girl have a tendency to be patronizing or bitchy, because girls can be like that with each other. Whereas with men, their compliments tend to be more sincere, again because they don't throw around compliments easily.

0|0
    0|0
  • A girls compliment, guys often just say things so I always take it more seriously when a girl compliments me. However I must admit, only compliments that really flatter me are from my mom since she is brutally honest haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • If a girl tells me that I am beautiful I know that she really means it.

1|0
    0|0
  • i would tend to take compliments from men slightly seriously

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Men are tuaght not to be effusive or emotional about compliments, so I listen carefully when girls make them. while there are some girls who will try to manipulate men in this way, usually their compliments are sincere and genuine.

Men's are usually forced, or faked, something they say because they think they HAVE to!

1|0
    0|0
  • I think many women ignore men's compliments because they just think 'many are horny/dogs and find anything attractive'

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest, I don't really care about what people think -- be it compliments or insults. The only compliments I'd take to heart would be from people close to me whose opinion I value. A male mentor's praise would be as valuable as a girl I was interested in. It depends on the person -- not their sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a guy, but this is my opinion. Girls are more flattered by guy complimenting them. However, a girls compliment holds more merit to them.

1|0
    0|0