If your not photogenic does that mean your probably just not attractive?

I feel like I'm pretty good looking based on the guys that I attract but when I take pictures I look pretty ugly and don't look like myself at all. I mean obviously not a completely different person like my hair is still the same color but my friends who guys don't like as much look better than me in photos.

• Yeah
  • No it doesn't mean that

Most Helpful Guy

• No, that's definitely not automatically true.

Some people just naturally photograph really well, no matter what. Others may look lousy in casual pictures, but can look really good with a professional photographer that understands lighting, angles, shadows, composition, etc.

What Guys Said 9

• I just don't like the thought of people owning pictures of me. That's one of the reasons I don't like being in pictures. Also anybody can take a picture of me without my consent. It's like photo rape.

• i hate the way i look in most pictures. i always look heavier than i am and my smile is weird lol. my best pictures are usually when i'm not paying attention or i'm messing around. i don't know why lol

• nope, it means you are not photogenic, sorry for you having this incurable disease...no wait it doesn't matter, dont worry about the small things

• I look terrible in pics and better in person, I think anyway.

• I don't know? I look good in both. Duh aha:p

• I'm ugly with or without pics.

• Nah I'm sthe same. And some people look good in photos but really aren't attractive. I guess it's better to look good in real life :)

My friends often look at and show photos of girls and discuss who they find attractive and when they ask me what I think I'm always like "Umm I don't know , maybe". You can't judge if someone is pretty/cute/handsome from photos

What Girls Said 6

• Nah. I have several friends who look really plain in their photos, but are beautiful in person. It's weird, but true.

• I feel the same exact way. I get quite of bit of positive comments about the way I look but I feel like I'm not photogenic at all. But I think that a lot of people feel that way. We notice flaws about ourselves that other people don't see.

• At least you don't have the opposite problem where you fall below someone's real life expectations after seeing your picture.

• It doesn't mean that. I'm the same.

• i really look terrible in photos my nose pops out and my eyebrows seem different because of flash and i don't consider myself ugly at all. i knew one girl in my high school who was a photo model and she didn't look that pretty live as she did when she takes a photo (not just professional one, but any). camera changes you a bit

• I think I look better in pics than in real life :( dang...