How much does an average hair transplant cost?

What is the cost of a hair transplant and what does the procedure involve?

0|0
2|5

Most Helpful Guy

• Average hairplant can cost anywhere from 4,500 to 30,000 dollars! it's gross! in the usual follicular unit procedure, the surgeon harvests a strip of skin from the posterior scalp, in an area of good hair growth. The excised strip is about 1–1. 5 x 15–30 cm in size. While closing the resulting wound, assistants begin to dissect individual follicular unit grafts from the strip. Working with binocular stereo-microscopes, they carefully remove excess fibrous and fatty tissue while trying to avoid damage to the follicular cells that will be used for grafting. The latest method of closure is called `trichophytic closure' because of which much finer scars can be expected in the donor area. The surgeon then uses very small micro blades or fine needles to puncture the sites for receiving the grafts, placing them in a predetermined density and pattern, and angling the wounds in a consistent fashion to promote a realistic hair pattern. The assistants generally do the final part of the procedure, inserting the individual grafts in place.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I believe that a hair transplant costs around 3,000 dollars, but I haven't needed one so I am not completely sure. The procedure involves replacing non hair growing areas with hair growing areas. Transplants last a lifetime, if they are done correctly. So in the long run it is more beneficial than using hair growing products that may or may not produce results.

0|0
    0|0
  • In Ukraine in costs 1.5$ per graft.

you could contact for details volosyrh@gmail.com

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Right around $5,000; during the hair transplant procedure, the surgeon moves grafts of skin and hair from a "donor" site on the back or sides of the head to the area where hair has been lost. Although different methods have been used in the past, follicular unit hair transplantation is now considered the most advanced. In this procedure, the surgeon removes scalp tissue and hair, then uses a microscope to divide the hair into follicular units, which are little bundles of hair, roots, glands, blood vessels and nerves. The doctor then inserts the follicular units into the area of the scalp where hair has been lost. Keeping these units intact helps make the transplant a success and gives a more natural look.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would imagine it would depend upon the amount of hair that needs transplanting and whether or not the transplant works. Nonetheless, I've heard the average price is several thousand dollars on average without any sort of coverage. Do you have any sort of insurance that might subsidize the cost?

0|0
    0|0
  • The average hair transplant procedure costs between $3-$10,000 a session and some patients may require up to 3 sessions. Here is a basic rundown of the process: 1) a thin strip is taken from the back or side of the head and relocated to the recipient site, the head is usually wrapped in a headband and placed in a hat, and you will usually be able to shower and shampoo your head 24-48 hours after the surgery.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hair transplant prices typically range from $3. 00 (usd) to $8. 00 per graft, with $5 to $6 per graft being about average. Normally the price per graft also drops as the size of the surgical session increases. The procedure involves taking hair follicles from the part of your scalp that is resisting baldness, and grafting them into the bald area of your scalp.

0|0
    0|0