Do looks ultimatley matter or can I win him with just being me?

I met this really awesome guy. He's GORGEOUS. he's very athletic (skinny yet muscular build ) he's very kind and seems to think I have a really great personality. I am not the prettiest girl in the world though. Not bad looking but no hot by any means. I don't feel like I would be the type of girl that he could be interested in. is personality tossed to the side when it comes to looks? Do I stand a chance?

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks are a very important *initial* factor. It's like a painting. Personality is like a fluid animation. Ultimately, that matters more (over time). A lot of very pretty girls would make poor girlfriends, perhaps because they think their beauty is itself the prize. They might have needs, but don't do much for the guy, maybe due to all the guy attention they get from their looks alone.

Yes, you have a chance. Much of attraction occurs as a result of your behavior (though admittedly looks tend to matter more to guys than girls).

What Guys Said 4

• It's a sad commentary on relationships that even at 18 or older you still don't know that he isn't worthwhile if he cares that much about your looks!

Go for it...if there's a real connection 'hot' looks don't exist. Most of that is media hype and makeup anyway..

• Most guys have no idea where they fit into things looks wise. I mean some metrosexuals know. hahahahaha But we'll make fun of them later. But yet looks do matter sometimes but doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Just remember as long as you don't belong on girllookslikeabitch.com you'll be alright.

• A good personality is very important. It's ironic how you hope he judges you by personality rather than looks... when the first two qualities you list about him are his appearance.

• yes you can and looks is not everything a man look for be your self and you will find out that your Gorgeous inside were it counts

What Girls Said 1

• Ok so you met this gorgeous guy... who is nice.

If you want to see how likely it is that he will look past looks, reread your own statement again and look where you started.

You would stand a chance, of course, but not if all you can think about him is how hot he is and the coincidence that he happens to be nice too. Goodlooking people get bored of everyone fancying them for the same reasons. They can pick and choose. He may end up getting with someone stereotypically prettier, this often happens, but I think a lot of this is more to do with the fact goodlooking people are less intimidated by each others' good looks, and more likely to get past that and get to know each other properly.

Also a simple rule of thumb: most goodlooking people know they are hot, and if they think there is potential, are less likely to be shy about saying it. He is not shy in saying you have a lovely personality. Give it time, see if it progresses. You could try testing the water a bit. If the friendship has gone on for a while though, and he still hasn't flirted properly, then it is just a friendship.