what is a shampoo that really does stop split ends and breakage? where can i get it?

ugh. girls we all know this problem. our hair breaks and spits. what can i do to control it? i dont know why i get split ends because i never straiten or curl it and i never blow dry it.also my hair is very dry at the ends. what should i do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have dyed my hair so much the last few months that it is totally fried, splitting, breaking, falling out, etc. Now don't know about the shampoo, but I recently (the last two weeks) started using the Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser conditioner. I shampoo with Aussie smooth'n'bloom first then leave the Damage Eraser on the rest of my shower, wash it out with cold water (optional as I'm trying to keep my hair dye going strong and grow my hair out). This stuff has taken my hair from falling out and breaking without even being touched to soft with a bit of normal frizz in just the two weeks I've been using it, I would highly recommend you try it. I got mine at Walmart, but I know it's in my super market and CVS as well.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• There really isn't a shampoo that does that. However depending on your hair type there are certain products that can temporarily mend your split ends together. Such as serums, oils, conditioners, and waxes.

If you want to eliminate split ends, or greatly reduce them. Then limit the amount of heat you use on your hair to once every two weeks- once a month. Keep your hair off your clothes! When the hair rubs against fabric, it causes split ends. Wear your hair in buns, braids, or lose ponytails. Don't put your ponytails on the same position on your head everyday. IT causes tension and breaks the hair off. Don't use metal hair clips/combs in your hair. cover your hair with a satin bonnet, or scarf at night. Or sleep on a satin pillowcase.

• try "clear" shampoo, it's that shampoo in the light purple bottle, that Heidi Klum is the spokesperson for in the commercials. It's great!

• If you're using cheap quality shampoo and lots of diff. conditioners, maybe that's why it's drying up your hair. How's your diet?