I am trying to help my hair grow!?

any suggestions i really want long hair again! and i want it to be smooth and healthy

Most Helpful Girl

• Switch to a sulfate free shampoo and stay of the heat !!! Also try moisturizing it with and Olive oil hair mask or with an avocado hair mask. Also braiding it is a good option instead of heating it

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 8

• I will give you some tips:
    -Trim it every 6-9 months only a little.
    -Eat foods rich in protein, fatty acids, vitamin C, Biotin, B vitamins, Vitamin E, iron, zinc and silica. Examples of healthy food which are great for hair growth: salmon, meat, walnuts, spinach, eggs, sweet potatoes, lentils, yogurt, blueberries, brown rice, olives and chicken.
    -Don't dye it. If your hair are already dyed, then you should ONLY dye the roots. Do so every 2-3 months.
    -Avoid heat and start air-drying your hair.
    -Don't wash it every day. Instead wash it every 2-3 days. If your hair is too oily, you can use baby powder or dry shampoo. It's very cheap.
    -Use a sulfate-free shampoo.
    -Don't play with your hair too much.
    -Use a wide-toothed comb instead of a brush.
    -Take Biotin supplements.
    -Do hair masks by mixing avocado, coconut or olive oil with avocado (avocado is extremely healthy for hair).
    -Drink plenty of water.
    -Don't rip through your hair when you comb it.

I hope you will find my tips helpful enough :3

• Do hair masks by mixing avocado with coconut, argon or olive oil*

• Yay i can actually help with this! I lost a lot of hair when I was really sick with my eating disorder but at the vitamin shoppe the "maxi hair" pills helped a lot. It is natural and makes your hair and nails speed up growing a little. And lots of protein, preferably chicken. Something about the amino acids in that specifically is supposed to help? Oh well, good luck :) And try not to use too much product or heating tools on it. And get one last trim to get the last of the split ends so your hair will grow healthy :)

• I love helping people with they're hair gowing problems lol! First of all you can't be washing yue hair everyday, washing your hair everyday strips your hair and your natural oils causing it not to grow. If you dont want it to get greasy try dry shampoo and eventually your hair will get used to not being washed everyday and it won't get greasy as often. Second make sure your shampoo and condioner has no sulfate. Sulfate strips your hair causeing damage and your hair definitely won't grow so make sure you look at the ingredients. Thirdly dont use heat on your hair, if your hair isn't too wild try to go a long time without applyig heat you will be amazed with the results. If thats not possible make sure your get a heat protectant to protect your hair from the damage that comes with heat to the hair, hope this helped!

• If your hair has any sort of natural wave or curl to it then check out Naturallycurly.com. It will definitely help you figure out your hair properties and gives you in depth information on how to take care of your hair. There's also a forum on it full of people with wavy and curly hair that are knowledgeable and you can ask any questions about your hair that you have on there.

• Take vitamins.. Good nutrition in general helps a lotttttt. Genetics will really decide it all though to a point.
    Health wise...dying and heat styling is hard on it.. But yeah that happens.. Mine is really long and I dye it regularly..coconut oilnand staying hydrated. That helps me a ton.

• Put in a keratin treatment to help restore the protein and use a comb when brushing your hair. Also try to use as little heat as possible and wash your hair only when needed. Use a dry shampoo if your hair gets greasy a lot. I also put argon oil in my hair and that helps it stay more healthy.

• Coconut oil mask at night 2 to 3 times a week and a few drops of argon oil everyday. Drink a lot of water. Give your hair a rest from styling at least 2 days a week. I have been doing this and my hair is finally very healthy and as long as I want it. It takes time too! I also don't color or use product, except to protect against heat.

• Me too.. but thanks to "The Pill".. I don't think that will ever happen for me again.. after starting it.. my hair went to sht..