Do guys like laid back girls and styles better?

So last year I used to dress up, plan my outfits and make up myself everyday for school I got attention from guys but only like guys interested in dating me and what not but this year I dress up once a week maybe the other days I'm jeans and a t-shirt but I've noticed that I've gotten a lot more of attention, I've made a lot of guy friends, more of them talk to me for me not for my looks or to date me why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because it's the real you. Guys like the real deal. Not the ones that have to dress up to be noticed. You will see the real guys and not fakes that like you for your inside. Good for you!

What Guys Said 3

• That makes sense to me since dressing up says that you are trying to look your best, which would make guys think you are looking for a boyfriend. Dressing down says "this is me as I am," so you'd be more approachable as a person.

• Hello first of all the elegance is in simplification of clothing because nobody likes the complex people.

• The simpler a girl looks the less maintenance. Plus it is easier to approach the girl who looks like the average girl.

What Girls Said 2

• My experience is that guys prefer girls who dress simple and comfortable most of the time, but who look fabulous when they get dressed up for a night out. Really, I think that's the ideal girl for most guys. Casual most days -- jeans and a hoodie -- and easy to be around. But drop dead gorgeous in a skirt and heels when it's party time. So just mix it up (as you seem to be doing) and you will likely get all the attention you want (maybe more! )

• Because you seem more down to earth. Like looks don't matter to you and you are comfortable in your own skin. Guys can detect that and find that very appealing.