How safe is Rapid Lash?

It is advertised as an eye-lash growing product, but there are some reviews of rapid lash causing blindness. How effective is rapid lash and how serious are the side effects?

Most Helpful Guy

• How safe is rapid lash is a tough question. People suing companies for eye problem are not what companies look for. Normally rabbits or other animals are used first to insure the safeness of a product that makes contact with your eye. Rapid lash contains a prostaglandin analogue isopropyl cloprostenate, with side effects of irritation, impaired or loss of vision, and even changing the color of your eyes. Your eye lashes will grow fast, but if you had blue eyes before and now you have brown eyes because of it , and didn't want that, opps. Best advice, just wait a while, a year, and your eyes may thank you once they get the product figured out.

• What about Lastisee? that new eyelash growth product? do those side effects change your eye color too?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 9

• I've heard of other eye-lash growing medications besides Rapid Lash and the side effects don't make it seem worth it. I have read about products causing blindness, turning your iris brown, itchiness, and some other symptoms. If you are serious about having thicker, longer lashes, I would recommend false lashes.

• i doubt it's dangerous, but I doubt even more that it works. eye lash length is genetic, so it's a waste of money if you're trying to use a supplement to increase the length of your natural lashes. if for some reason your eyelashes got ripped out, then perhaps Rapid Lash would assist in their re-growth.

• It works by super-conditioning your lashes so that they do not break and fall out at the normal rate. Therefore, they become thicker. Believe me, it works.

• never tried it. how about trying to eat healthier and you'll be alright

• With any medical products there are always risks and side effects and no doctor can properly predict what will happen. The commercial admits that it can cause a discoloration of the lid where the medication is applied, but blindness was not mentioned in the ad. The best thing to do is talk to your doctor because he knows better how you might react to the drug (if at all).

• If reviews are causing blindness, then I think it's safe to say that rapid lash is not safe. Why take the risk? mascara as well as false eyelashes elongate lashes without the risk. I can't find any credible sources the rapid lash is safe or dangerous. For now, I would stay away.

• I was looking to go for eyelash extensions which we're going to be $100/month, so I tried rapidlash first. It took about six weeks but my lashes are so long now. Been asked if I actually got the extensions! I have read many reviews which helped me lot here www.consumerhealthdigest.com/.../rapidlash.html

• I can start by saying that rapid lash contains a prostaglandin analogue which is used to treat glaucoma, and does make the eyelashes grow a lot. The side effects range from irritation, impaired vision( I haven't heard of it causing blindness) and the eyes may even change color. I think it is effective in hair growth but would caution using it until more trials are conducted.

• The long term affects of rapid lash haven't yet been determined, but it has passed initial safety tests in the us. Anyone who chooses to use it should be aware of possible side affects and stop using it if they experience any discomfort.

• I've heard it can make your eyes really bloodshot all of the time.