Guys, Why is tan skin a turn on? Girls who tan, Why do you?

I know it's not for all guys, lol. I don't tan, my skin is naturally that color, but i was just wondering what some guys like about it and why some girls tan their skin. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Since my skin is dark it has always baffled me why white people want to get a tan thus looking more like me. Heck i've met white people who are darker than me after tanning. Look I'm no racist, I like girls if I find them attractive, and to me "atttractive" is that the shape more important than the color. But also remaining as natural as possible. So I'd definitely go for a pale white girl than a super tanned white girl.
    I just find (major) body alteration off-putting.

So to all you pale people out there! Stay pale! and I'll stay poop-brown lol

What Guys Said 4

• It just looks healthier than pale, pasty skin.

• Because tan is exotic and special and leisurely that's why

• Tanning is all that matters. GTM now guess what M is

• I'm not some tribal tattooed Guido, so I don't care for tanning.

What Girls Said 5

• I used to be really pale, like vampire pale, but that was fine cause i didn't want to get skin cancer. However my vitamin D levels were like at 12, the average for a healthy person is like 200 or something. I was feeling really low, moody, and bordering on depressed.
    Now i tan and take a lot of vitamin D supplements, and i actually feel better, more energized and stable. I don't use tanning beds though, and i make sure to only stay out for short amounts of time, so i don't burn.

• Meh, people claim tan skin looks "healthier" but I'd rather keep my pale skin and not end up with skin cancer from tanning.

• Because it just looks healthier and sexier and my crush doesn't tan and he is a white boy but his skin is always tan

• Because in our age pale skin is a sign of bad health. I have pale skin myself and like it, but a lot of people think it means you're sickly.

• I do on occasion. I think I look healthier/more attractive than when I'm pale. Plus, I love the feeling of the heat from the sun/tanning bed :)