How do you feel about the people who constantly wear leggings, sweatpants, or yoga pants?

Personally I think it is a dumb fad and it makes people look like they've given up. I was raised in a way that if you go in public, you wear real pants, that can be jeans, capris, khakis, shorts (not work out shorts or stretchy shorts), or you could wear a skirt or dress. If you're at home or at a friend's house just hanging out (never for a dinner party or something of that sort) you can look comfortable in whatever you want to wear, but the way I was raised, you need to look presentable when in public.

I think it's slobby and lazy. My idea of a "lazy day" at school or work for me is jeans and a v-neck or something like that. All these girls show up wearing sweatpants and an old t-shirt and look like they've just rolled out of bed, it's not appropriate in my mind. Don't get me wrong, I love yoga pants as much as the next girl and will usually put some on as soon as I get home, but there's a place for "lazy clothes" and I don't think it's a place like school or work. People should always look presentable.

How do you feel about this subject?

Most Helpful Guy

• I admire your feelings about this. I can't say I never go out in public (like a quick trip to the store) in sweats, but still I get where you're coming from and I admire your standards.

What Guys Said 2

• When I think of all the times my calves would cramp up, I had to go to long knee socks in winter after swim workouts. Never stretch a cold muscle also applies.
    On women, think they look cool if really a workout tool - for fashion, maybe you're right it's a bit dramatic a show

• I think they have more important things to worry about or different foci.

What Girls Said 6

• I truthfully don't care about what other people wear.. it doesn't bother me the slightest. I usually dress up every day when I go out and only when I get home do I put on my yoga pants & a comfy shirt or something. Sometimes I'd even stay the way I am when I get home and not change into something more "comfortable". So I get where you are coming from. But at the same time, if other people want to look that way I don't mind or care. I'm very absent minded and hardly ever notice what people wear anyway -_-

• It is annoying those are fun to wear when working out , or at home , or on a lazy day but come on. I just hate people who wear them to school because we have a business casual dress code

• I'm not really bothered, but I will assume that they don't care about how they look or how they're perceived. I would never leave my house (or a friend's house) looking like that, but it doesn't bother me that other people do it.

• They're just clothes. Who am I to judge people who prefer comfort over what's decent? To each their own. And you should be more concerned about a person's decency than what they wear. You're being somewhat superficial. People aren't always going to look presentable. People have issues, things to do or just don't care and are comfortable.

• I wear leggings most of the time, but I don't wear them in a "I'm too lazy to put on 'real' pants" kind of way. I just really like how they look and feel. They're my kind of thing. Sweatpants on the other hand are kind of obvious not much of a fashion choice and mostly a comfy thing. Unless you're a member of the Russian Mafia.

• I say wear what you're comfortable in. I dont see a problem with it.