Are plain jersey dresses ok for work?

So I'm starting my first real job soon, in the IT section of an investment bank and I don't really have lot of office clothes.

I have like an outfit or two but not something for every day. However what I do have are just plain jersey dresses like this

dceqiz5mzs7j4.cloudfront.net/.../...baf8630dec.jpg

cdn.joules.com/.../P_ARETHA_NAVSPOT_A.jpg

Is that something you could wear to work?

Most Helpful Guy

• Those look good for work. Since you're going to be sitting most of the day make sure it's going to be comfortable in either of those dresses.

What Guys Said 2

• The 2nd one seems like it would be perfect, the first one would work too though not as well. Depending on length maybe wear some pantyhose/tights with them.

• really? I was unsure about the second one. You know with polka dots I was afraid it'd look to cute and showing too much cleaverage

• 1st one would depend on your body. It seems really skin tight so if you have big breast/butt it would not work for work. The 2nd one does not seem like it would so too much cleavage, but you could always wear a undershirt or something if it does.

• I like the 2nd one..

• not too girlish with the dots and everything?

• um you are a girl right? and Im guessing if that is you in the pic in the corner, Im sure you would look cute in that

• ya I am and I'd totally wear that dress for anything else, but at work I want to look professional and not like a little girl, but still pretty. It's a fine line I think, that's why I'm asking

What Girls Said 4

• The burgubdy jersey i'd wear without a care. It doesn't really matter what you wear or the material of clothing you chose to wear as long as you represent yourself in a bussines wise manner. You can wear that dress or any dress you want for that matter just look out for the details such as your makeup hairstyle jewelry and shoes you wear! I do think both are good outfits for work though:)

• I'd disagree, I have loads of dresses that you could never wear to work.

• I'm not saying you should wear dresses that you'd normally would wear at a club or at a special occassion. I'm just saying that plain jersey dresses like that can be worn at work and make you look elegent with the right choice of makeup shoes jewelry and hairstyle. Its all about how you represent yourself mainly. I could wear an old fashion skirt that really isn't suitable for anything with a belt and a colourful top and make the outfit completely different and decent looking.

• Yeah I think that looks fine.

• Well I think that all depends of the type of work you will be doing there

• well mostly sitting in front of a computer screen

• Well, it would seem, that it will be acceptable; as long as you wear the appropriate footwear.

• I think it should be fine. It isn't too casual.