am i a really awkward shape? filler?

ok i'm soon to be 14 year old girl, 5'8 and weigh 97lbs. i eat like no other, i am very tall and skinny with an extremely fast metabolism. no i do not have an eating disorder or am malnourished it is genetic and i will fill out around 15. just wondering. thank you :)

Most Helpful Girl

• You sound just like my cousin. He's always been super tall and unbelievably skinny, even though he would eat a lot and doesn't have any eating disorders or anything. He did start to put on some weight eventually, around the end of high school I think, and it was definitely noticeable.

It is a bit awkward to see someone who's very skinny, but I mean it's whatever, honestly the important thing is that you eat healthy and that this isn't coming from an eating disorder. For now just wear clothes that flatter your body shape and size, if you're concerned about people may think about your body.

What Guys Said 3

• At 13 or 14, you still have a LOT of growing to do! Plus all the dudes your age are probably mostly still smaller than you. Its a weird time! I'm 6'2, but your age I was probably 5'6 and my girlfriends and stuff would often be taller than me, haha. I think I was 5'9 by freshman year though, it happens quick. And I walked out of high school at 6'1 and I think grew another inch my first year of college. Basically what I'm saying is, your body is in morph mode right now, and that's going to lead to some awkwardness. Just hang in there, you'll fill out!

• Wow, you're thin. Just make sure you actually do eat properly, and don't just say "oh, I eat properly, I eat some salad in the morning and an apple for dinner! Meat is the devil, so I don't need proteins." or some similarly silly thing. Anyways, this can change later when you're about ~17-20.

• oh ahah i get what you mean but salad is my devil. to watery and bland :/ and i'm not open to a lot of mew things, love me a good burger though :D

• Okay then :D

• You are an awkward shape.

What Girls Said 4

• Wow! That is skinny, really. I'm sure you'll start to fill out, by the age of 18 you will have gained at least some curves... It wouldn't hurt if you tried gaining 15-20 lbs though. I know it can be hard for naturally thin people, but maybe ask your doctor for tips. They know their stuff.

• Kudos to you! Im 13, 5'7 and 138.
    I don't really think there's any "awkward" shape for people our age.
    Puberty works magic though. You'll have curves before you turn 18 :P

• Don't worry, when you get older your true body form will fill in, a lot of women are like that, just give it some time:)

• Don't worry about your shape right now, you're still very young. You should still fill out a bit more in the next few years, you'll get more shape. I used to be the same (but shorter) up until around when I went to university. I still have a fast metabolism but it's easier to gain weight and I have more of a figure now.