Why would guys stare at my friend if she doesn't wear makeup or dress as well as me? I put more effort into my looks?

I'm kind of confused why guys at school look and check out my friend more than me? She doesn't wear any makeup and usually doesn't wear dresses or skirts. she wears blouses, tshirts and shorts and jeans. she just puts her hair down and has only one hair style.
I would wear powder, concealer, eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss, and blush. and I also wear dresses and skirts to school almost every day and dress really pretty but not anything skanky looking. and I braid my hair sometimes curl it and straighten it!
I even asked her how long it takes her to get ready in the morning and she said 10 minutes! I take way longer about an hour! i put in more effort than her when it comes to appearance so why don't guys stare at me as much as they stare at her?
We are both nice so it's not that I have a bad personality.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because many guys like the simply "jeans and t shirt" girl and don't like girls who they feel will spend more time in the bathroom on a date than actually conversing with them. Simple girls mean much less drama and such. Plus she's much more natural than you. Only a portion of guys really like girls who spend all day looking pretty and eventually you will be seen without all your makeup anyway if you get involved with someone.

If you really ask a guy about makeup he'll know nothing and never even notice the effort a girl puts into looking pretty.

What Guys Said 4

• She is better looking than you. Period.

I'm sure you are pretty too, it's just that she's that much prettier WITHOUT all that stuff.

Let this be a lesson to you; all that effort doesn't equate to beauty. If I'm 5'5" and weigh 250 lbs, have acne... would you date me because I wear concealer, style my hair, or dress in Versace?

The answer is Fuck No lol, and I wouldn't blame you.

• She could just be more physically attractive, cosmetics can only do so much.

Another thing is that I personally didn't like make-up on girls very much and the ones without it were often more attractive. And fashion is really for girls, different hairstyles/makeup/clothes don't mean all that much to the average guy unless it's a huge difference.

• Tits and bum are likely a reason. A lot of guys like girls who dress up for a reason but are actually more relaxed day to day.

• Is she hotter?

What Girls Said 1

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Guys look at different things than girls do. They are probably checking out her body. Tits n ass