Shaved head shorn self confidence?

Hi everyone.
Due to my hair thinning at the front (and my fear of becoming that guy with a combover!) I walked into a barbers and 10 minutes later walked out with a grade 1 buzzcut and a very cold head.
To be honest I'm completely in shock. I don't recognise myself in the mirror or have a clue what to think. I don't know whether it looks good, bad etc because I'm still a bit surprised that 1 I actually did it and 2 I have basically no hair and can see my scalp.
On the plus side when I had hair I was constantly thinking when the time would be to shave it off. And also I guess my receeding hairline is basically impossible to see.
I have 2 questions. The first is does a shaved head put off girls? I'm early 30s by no means a model but have an athletic body, good cheekbones and luckily a good shaped head. But I worry that maybe a shave head looks too intimidating for girls to find attractive.
My second questions is to people that have been through this or know people that have.
Do you get used to having no hair? And also how did your relatives and friends respond to your new look? This is something that is bothering me because I look so drastically different.
Thanks in advance for any answers.

Most Helpful Guy

• I too have a receding hairline, and I always got it buzzed to a 2. But recently started going to a 1. The first time I was shocked at the huge difference. I haven't heard anything negative about it, other than 'damn you're bald'. And I actually feel a little more confident. Not sure I'm ready for a completely shaved head yet though.

• Hi thanks for the comment. Yeah going from 2 to 1 is a huge difference although because it's only a few mm it feels like it shouldn't be!

What Girls Said 6

• My mother always used to tell me if a guy with no hair can look good imagine how he looks with hair. Huhu. Back to your question, I find it very attractive especially if the guy is comfortable with it. It just looks a tiny bit badboy-ish so I guess that's why :) also it's nice to touch!

• Thanks for the comment. I think I'll have to work on becoming comfortable with it. Ha yeah the lady barber couldn't stop touching my head!

• I absurdly love buzzed heads. Bald is a turn on for me. I know it's weird... But it's super hot. Don't worry, there are plenty of other people out there who think so as well :)

• Aw thanks for the comment. Nice to know girls like it.

• Some guys are Hot, without hair

• No it can be sexy.

• Bald can look really hot on some guys. Based off your description I imagine it works for you.

• Hi thanks for the comment

• Well, I like buzzcuts.

That may be an understatment.

On the right guy, buzzcuts are sexy as hell.

What Guys Said 5

• Lots of guys look great with shaved heads, and lots of women either don't mind it or actually find it to be a turn-on.

I shaved mine a couple of years ago just to try it out and I liked it a lot, and it actually got a lot of positive feedback. Obviously I grew my hair back, but if I got a bald spot or whatever I'd totally do it again. And yeah, you do get used to the feeling and the way it looks, and it feels great during summer. Haha!

• Whenever I buzzed mine -really- short I'd be in shock for about two days.

Some women like the look, some don't. However, many of them will want to rub your head. That's a plus.

• Rock it man, I've done better without it than with and wasn't even balding lol

• Be proud of your bald, us bald guys won't hide behind our fitted hats and beanies any longer.

• Good for you!

So, first, no worries. You'll get used to everything.

Secondly, balding guys are seen as weak and old. Completely bald guys are seen as powerful, and sometimes intimidating. Which would you rather be?

Girls strongly prefer a slightly intimidating guy than a slightly feeble guy. It makes you look strong and they like that in general.

(Yes yes, stereotypes are bad, but thats just what research shows.)

You made the right choice.

• Thanks for comment mate, nice to know I'm not the only one to go through it.