How to tell girl she looks better without makeup without offending her?

There are girls I know who are good looking, who look better without the makeup on.

either they dont know how to put makeup or it is unnecessary. as a guy, i think she looks more attractive without it.

one example is Gwen Stefani, she looks good, right? i dont think she needs all that makeup and sometimes too much isn't nice. especially those eye stuff.

how do i tell her without offending her that she'll look so much nicer and approachable without all those makeup.

Girls, if I tell you, "hey, you know the makeup makes you look not nice. you look better without it and much more pretty"
or
"you look much cuter and pretty without your makeup" ?

will that ^ sound offensive or well with you?

woops i forgot to put in the topics !!!
oh thanks to whoever mod to assign it to makeup topic :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Rather than telling her that the make up isn't flattering on her, or something along the lines of that, say to her "you may not believe this, but you look even more beautiful without makeup on, I don't even know why you bother putting it on". And say it really seriously. That would be a huge compliment to any girl.

• wooooowwwwww.. you won first prize !!! thanks so much.. those are the perfect things i can say.

• hey ! i see you're a Christian as well. thats cool ! though i never expected to find Christians on here. nice to meetcha !
      do let me know if you have any questions that i can help. kind regards.

• No worries! And thanks!! :) glad to be of help. Hah well you can always answer my most recent question, which you'll see on my profile!
      And ok awesome, no I didn't really expect to find another Christian either, so nice to meet you also :)

What Girls Said 8

• i wear makeup and i really would appreciate some guy just telling me his opinion like that, trying to change me. you can have your opinions but dont try act like she should stop wearing makeup because YOU prefer girls who dont wear it

• "You look so good, you don't need makeup! I'm serious" just like that

• thanks :) that is a nice quote. you sure she won't be offended? what if she was wearing makeup and thinks she looks worse with it? sorry i just read your post today.

• oh thanks, that clarifies it a lot and i won't feel afraid to say it now. :)

• yep anytime.

• I don't wear makeup. But I think it would flatter a girl if you said that she looked better without makeup. It wouldn't offend her at all!

• are you sure? but what if i tell her while she WAS wearing makeup.. then she might think she looks horrible.
      sometimes girls take so much effort to makeup and look pretty and to tell them their time was wasted feels bad too.

• Well I don't know then... Hm. I honestly don't wear makeup because it feels like my time is wasted and it ruins my skin. Well... when I tell my friends they look better without make up, they're pretty happy to hear that.

• I think it's flattering and that's a great compliment, but I'd still wear makeup...because I wear it for me

• you know, i think it is also a cultural thing. the culture where i live is different a little so maybe thats why. or maybe the "types" of makeup differ in culture. so there's nothing wrong if you want more makeup that it makes you feel more of yourself and you feel good about it.

• That's true, I didn't really think about that

• Leave little sticky notes on all her make-up saying she is beautiful without it. Or just tell her face to face she will love that your honest with her.

• I would've for a guy to tell me I'm beautiful without makeup. That's really sweet, if it's true!

• If I were you I'd say "makeup doesn't do your true beauty justice"

• just be honest but sweet and nice

What Guys Said 4

• I would focus on the positive (ex. "you look so good when you XYZ") rather than the negative.

If you tell her she looks better without the makeup, she might take it as "you look awful with makeup".

Then again, if she DOES choose to see it that way you might want to stay away anyhow. LOL

• yeah, kinda..
      you look awful with makeup is quite close but how to say it in the best positive way.
      can you give me an example on the positive side?

• i appreciate your answer, thanks.

• Oh ok then I think you'll be good just being direct. Like I said, she should take it as a compliment. And you're welcome!

• just be honest with her and just say it :)

• Dont think you can easily do that

• Just sneak up to her house at night and start screaming..."too much make up babe makes you look worse Gwen".

• hahahaha. nice one

• That's some Back to the Future type of shit buddy. I hope I don't get a truck full of manure in my car and all over me.

• no worries, i'll keep on a lookout for the garbage truck. i'll bring ski pole with me in case i need to go faster.