Do you look better when you see yourself in the mirror than in pictures, or vice versa?

When I look in the mirror at myself, I'm fine with what I see. But when I take a picture of myself I think "Holy crap I hope that other people don't see me this way."

I've been told that I look much better in real life than in photos, but I'm still paranoid regardless that I overrate how I look in the mirror and actually do look as plain and average as I do in photos.

What about you? Do you look in the mirror and like what you see, but hate pictures of yourself? Or do you like how you look in pictures, but hate standing in front of the mirror?

• I look better in the mirror
  • I look better in photos
  • I look the same in the mirror & photos

Most Helpful Girl

• For some reason, I always seem to look better in the mirror.
    Then I'll see pictures and think, "What HAPPENED?"
    Damn mirror LIED, I tell you... that or the picture lied.
    It's like going from normal Charlize Theron to Charlize Theron in Monster in just a few seconds www.virginmedia.com/.../...ons-monster-590x350.jpg

Not that I look like Charlize, haha, I WISH!

What Guys Said 8

• I look way better in the mirror.. Pictures don't capture my majesty :P

• Usually better in the mirror. Obviously real life appearance can change instantly with new facial expressions and in a pic it's just that one moment which may not be a good expression. Also it can be hard to keep a relaxed expression when looking into a lens. I think that's why so many people take pics while looking at their phones screen, and I think not looking into the lens takes a lot away from the pic.

• Also the camera I used doesn't show the color in my skin. It makes me seem whiter. The color is more accurate on my camera but it's hard to hold in that position and the detail is so much better.

• We do look different in one versus the other and the reason is rather simple. When you view yourself in the mirror, you are seeing a mirror image of yourself. In the most simplest terms, your left it's a on the right and your right to the left. If you pay your hair to one side, it is also reversed. Try raising your right hand. Is the person in the mirror raising their eight hand or their left?

We are not actually symmetrical. Your left side does have differences to your right. Therefore what we are actually user to is seeing our mirror image not actual as a photo may take it.

Most people think their photograph is bad only because they're not use to seeing themself in such a way.

• I'm confused.
      Can you explain the reason why we see ourselves differently in pictures versus mirrors in simple terms?

• Oh, thank you for explaining :)
      So are you saying that the way we look in pictures is actually more correct than mirrors?

If so then I am one ugly mug.

• Lol. Even though a picture of you isn't posted here, I guarantee the differences between what you look like in photos doesn't make you "ugly" because it's not what we're use to in the mirror.

• It really depends, in my mirror at home, I think I look pretty good, but the one in my schools bathroom... eh, not so much. In some pictures, I'm really good looking also, but in many others, I look not so good >.<

• I look Waaay better in the mirror than in pictures. I don't know, I guess I'm not photogenic. I feel your pain >.<

• Mirror, mirror on the wall. Picture-wise, I just flat suck. Not photogenic at all.

• Lmao, the mirror.

I think uber attractive people look good in both, though.

• I look awesome in the mirror and in real but I don't look good in photos so I can't be a model :(

What Girls Said 10

• I like the mirror better XD just because in photos i have this fuck my life or are you shitting me look XD

• I look better in mirror and videos.

• they both scare me.
    but if i had to choose...id probably say mirror. the wind hates my hair and eye. pictures becomes a nono :|

• Mirror. But I tend to avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces.

• I look horrible in pictures because I dislike having pictures taken of myself so I freeze up (obvious from my profile pic, I look like a deer in headlights)...I've never had a picture taken of me that is better than what I look like in person.

• I feel like i look the same in both

• I think people look better in the mirror because they can see themselves and change themselves to look better. If you're having your photo taken you can't see yourself so it's harder to get everything right

• I look better in the photo sad... T_T

• yes i look better in the mirror but in photos..nooo

• I look way better in the mirror than in pictures