Do you know of any natural ways to whiten teeth?

Has it really worked for you?

And I forgot to mention that I want a safe method. I don't want to cause damage to my teeth. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Baking soda and Peroxide are popular ways of doing (as you can see from other comments) but they both can cause gum damage, which you don't want.

Some toothpastes have whitening properties, have you tried those? the only thing about them is that you have to brush your teeth 3 times daily for a difference to be seen.
    There's also the charcoal rub, its supposedly effective but it does Not taste good at all
    Another one is getting strawberries and mushing them into a paste/gel/jam and rubbing it onto your teeth then rinsing thoroughly before brushing you teeth twice daily
    The same can be done with orange peel before brushing
    You can use ground peelu fibers like a powder toothpaste

Personally, I've tried the orange, charcoal and whitening toothpastes. But, I never stuck with them long enough to see a difference.

Good Luck!

What Guys Said 23

• Baking soda. You pour some lemon juice on top. It will start to fizz. You dry out your teeth (no saliva on them) then you apply the mix of bakind soda/lemon juice on your teeth and keep it there for a minute or so. Then rinse and brush teeth. Once a week or so.

Crush a strawberry. Apparently crushing it and transforming it into a mash releases malic acid, as opposed to chewing it which doesn't. Put some baking soda over the crushed fruit, mix it a bit, then apply to the teeth and gently brush.
    Then rinse and brush with toothpaste.

I've barely started doing it so i have no idea if they work or not. Plus it's a long lasting process.
    I also have some 3D Whitestripes around and use them sometimes.

• Once stained it is pretty hard to fix. That is why the dentists make so much money with the professional treatments. Best advice - avoid getting the stains. Don't smoke and avoid coffee, tea, colas, etc. Or just drink them and then rinse. Do not keep sipping all day.

• Brush teeth like normal, then use hydrogen peroxide and brush with that. Do tat till teeth are as white as you want then once a week after. Make sure you gargle and rinse with water after brushing with peroxide. I do that and mine are pearly white (were yellow to to smoking, coffee and honest neglect before)

• I heard oil pulling will whiten teeth and eliminate bacteria that causes bad breath. You just simply swish coconut oil in your mouth for about 15-20 minutes and spit it out and rinse, make sure you brush your teeth afterwards. Look it up for its benefits!

• I tried every method I knew to further whiten, and eventually just darkened my complexion.

• I don't think perl white teeth is natural. I think teeth should be slightly off white.

• Naturl Teeth Whitener - Dr. Oz Take 1/4 cup of baking soda and mix it with the juice of 1/2 lemon and then apply it to your teeth with a q-tip. Leave on your teeth for 1 minute then brush. This amount is more than enough for two people. I would actually reduce it to 2 TBSP baking soda with enough juice to make it a consistency to apply.

Careful cause it can erode your enamel.

• Rince with hydrogen peroxide

• Rinse for a couple of minuets with apple-cider Vinegar, than rinse with peroxide to help whiten and get rid of the vinegar, than rinse with water to get rid of the peroxide taste.

• Baking soda and peroxide

• baking soda and peroxide

• Just leave them be. Don't screw with it. Talk to your dentist if really bad.

• Baking soda works

• Baking soda is fine for your teeth, but the best way is probably unnatural.

• Spread some baking soda over your toothpaste every time u brush.

• Flossing your teeth or cresten white strips lol.

• OIL PULLING, BRUSH YOUR TEETH WITH BAKING SODA.

TRUST ME, MY TEETH REFLECT THE SUNLIGHT

• use bleech

• I use Newports and Folgers but I don't think it's working too well.

• In my opinion you should get Crest Whitestrips. They are pretty inexpensive e.g at WalMart and they're probably way safer than any homegrown method where you don't know the doses exactly. I never had any issues with them and my teeth got glow in the dark white :)

• Urine.

This is how the ancient Romans did it. You probably think I'm just making some inappropriate joke. I'm not. Google it.

• Wow. Ew no , if that was the only way , id stay with yellow teeth

• Actually there is, contrary to population belief, teeth actually have the ability to heal themselves given the right circumstances and whitening naturally.

Since you asked for whitening, baking soda is proven to whiten though

What Girls Said 39

• Most people have got you covered on methods that can help you whiten them. But here are some things you want to avoid in order to not make them more yellow:
    - Don't brush your teeth excessively. Twice or three times a day is more than enough. And you shouldn't brush your teeth straight after you have eaten either, especially if you have eaten something acidic. Brushing your teeth straight after eating will do more harm than good, so wait at least 30 minutes before brushing. And you can always rinse your mouth with plain water after you've eaten, to get rid of some of the acids.
    - Don't drink coffee, tea or different sodas/juices. Also try to avoid things that consist of a lot of sugar (candy, cookies, cakes etc). And if you need to drink any of the things I mentioned above, drink through a straw. You could rinse your mouth with water afterwards again, to minimize the damage it does to your teeth.

Also, you could always sprinkle some salt onto your toothpaste before brushing your teeth. I've heard that's supposed to help as well.

• by using : Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide

This works great as a natural teeth whitener. Many people confirm to the fact that it does make their teeth look whiter. Mix a small amount of hydrogen peroxide with a small amount of baking soda to make a paste. Brush your teeth as usual, making sure you brush those back teeth too. Hydrogen peroxide is an anti-bacterial agent and works great as a total mouth and gum cleaner and keeps the mouth free of germs.

Baking soda is a gritty substance like sandpaper so be careful that you have enough hydrogen peroxide mixed in with the soda because if you don’t it can very well scrub the enamel right off your teeth and enamel does not grow back. The paste should not be gritty at all, and in fact it should be a runnier paste than a stiff paste.

and also

Lemon or Orange Peels

There have been reports that lemon and or orange peels will also do the trick of whitening your teeth. Guess you don’t know until you try. Here again, these food products are very healthy and good for your stomach but the acid content might eventually wear away the enamel on the teeth. So if you use lemon or orange peel always rinse afterwards to be on the safe side. A good oral mouth rinse is hydrogen peroxide because it keeps breath fresh by eliminating bad breath and also is a very good bacterial agent. Use half water and half hydrogen peroxide, swish around in your mouth and leave in for at least a full minute.

• Coconut oil is fantastic for not only teeth whitening but a myriad of healthy effects for your overall health. There are other natural oils that also work for oil pulling, but I've heard coconut oil is the best, if not at least the easiest (of oils). It pulls toxins out.

• Brushing your teeth with active charcoal (NOT regular charcoal!!) will take away yellowness without eroding the teeth, because active charcoal absorbs the stuff that taints the teeth.

Here's a good explanation and how to: wellnessmama.com/.../

• I use the Crest Professional Whitening strips or the Crest 2 hour whitening strips really work great.

• As a smoker and heavy tea drinker I've tried everything. The only two things I would recommend are baking soda or activated charcoal.
    Crest whitestripes did damage to my teeth making them unbelievably sensitive. In my opinion how they work is by stripping your enamel. Bleach or hydrogen peroxide have way too many chemicals for me to use anywhere nevermind in my mouth

• eat apples

• gargle activated charcoal mixed with water. ( powder form )
    you can order it online. it will look black at first but you need to rinse a couple times. the charcoal also does wonders for your germs in your mouth and its not harmful to drink either. but dont drink it after you swish it around in your mouth.

i drink this stuff even when im sick. and boy does it cut the life span of the virus in half.

• Yes, but just know that whitening teeth dissolves the enamel on your teeth in any procedure homemade or pro. You can try baking soda, put a little on your toothbrush use it once or twice a week but NOT on your gums. You can make a paste and use it once a week. Strawberries also work, cut them in small slices and rub them on your teeth, but just don't overdo any of these things. Good luck. :)

• Ripe Banana Peal

• I'm crazy about my teeth so what I do is once a week or once every 2 weeks (depending on sensitivity) is I mix lemon juice with baking soda and brush my teeth with that
    I also gargle with lemon juice than water.
    Lemon has a bleaching agent in it. So it naturally whitens. Also helps mixing lemon with sugar to lighten any dark spots on your skin :)
    I brush my teeth three times a day and I also use the whitening lighting kit and the regular crest ones you can get at the pharmacy :)

• Brushing with arm and hammer toothpaste 2-3 times a day works :)

• 0|0
  • Baking soda but don't swallow it

• Gargle with Hydrogen peroxide after you brush.

• Rub the inside of a banana peel on your teeth. Wash it off after a few seconds and brush your teeth normally. You won't see a change right away, it will take a week or so (maybe more). Trust me :)

• Try using baking soda.

• Does it cause damage though? It's used for cleansing.

• I did understand your point by the way, but still it was off point. Thanks anyway.

• Haha...
      It was an example to show you that its a little pointless to keep talking about "damaging" your teeth and you're already doing that. It may have been "off point", but definitely proving a point.Secondly, you might as well not use any product if you're worried about "damage". Anyway, I'm sure google would be able to help you further. Or maybe go to a dentist. Good luck.

• Baking Soda an work; however if doesn't really stay on long enough to be effective. I know because I live with a dentist.

• Lemon juice helps! get the straight liquid from the grocery store and swish it before u brush, also removes plaque like a dream

• i use an alcohol free mouthwash and chew sugar free xylitol gum.
    i also avoid coffee, tea and cola.

• Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide, wipe it to your teeth and don't forget to gargle after

• Baking soda and water. It does the trick but is not very nice.

• brush your teeth with hydrogen peroxide before bed each night

• You can take a banana peel and rub the inside part on your teeth for about 2 minutes or so and the potassium should whiten your teeth.

• Baking soda :)))

• Peroxide. I used to use it a lot.

• Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide

• Brush your teeth with baking soda

• Baking soda

• More from Girls
    9