Do athletic or muscular guys only like fit girls?

I go to the gym often because I'm trying to lower my fat percentage and get more toned. When you look at me you won't think overweight or skinny, but more average and a bit flabby for now.

Thing is I catch eyes with many of the fit or muscular guys there when I just look around. I even catch some of the personal trainers looking at me intently. I don't get it, I assume guys only stare at what they like, and I would think fit guys would be only into fit girls...

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 13

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

• Selected as most helpful

It's a tough question to answer without given pictures. The old saying is that guys are visual creatures more than anything else, which to a certain angle is true, but when you generalize so much you are losing a lot of great qualities.

I myself am extremely athletic (6'2 150lbs..) and I can honestly say that when I was younger up till now, I liked girls that were fit.. But more and more I am seeing these "fit girls" get nasty attitudes towards a man that approaches them - so it's contradictory; who I was attracted to is applying a negative remark against me without even getting to know me. Turn off!

Does that mean I'm instantly for the .. I hate this word.. "fat" girls? No. It means I need to keep looking for my ideal mate.

You see - as times have changed, I'm not so much visual because I recognized behavior that I'm attracted to MORE SO than physical features. If a girl can have fun or be funny, for instance, I would be more inclined to be around her 24/7.. That doesn't mean a relationship, but with how often we are arround each other, something could spark and that would mean a relationship is possible.

Obviously if you're going to the gym and working on your personality, you are more than gold compared to half this world - most people live their lives like zombies, complaining about how they are too busy with kids.. Come on people - "complaining".. Maybe enjoying is a better word!

Regardless, give it time and you'll flourish like a flower. I hope the best,

~ ArtistBBoy

• I could never be attracted to a fat girl. I don't even like em slightly pudgy. No big floppy t*ts or fat on their stomach. gross.

• If you have any attractive features or any definition at a healthy weight then your going to be attractive. Fit guys that work out a lot would like someone who works out also. To be fit guys have to diet and work out hard for their bodies. If a regular dated them then she would want to go to burger king or some burger joint often. This would turn off the guy that's trying to keep in shape.

A girl will be the same also though. I think it goes both ways. If a girl works hard for her body and diets and the whole deal then she would want someone with a similiar attitude/routine like hers. Not someone whos going to force her to eat garbage that will make her fat lol.

There are exceptions if the girl lets the guy eat what he eats and doesn't affect his routine. It would be hard to go out with someone that wants to eat a lot of calories though. I work out a lot myself and I find it a big plus if the girl works out also. Would be the same mentality when it comes to fitness and health. It all comes down to things you can share also in a relationship.There's a good chance a guy will go out with any girl though that's attractive. A person doesn't put all those hours into a gym for nothing. It depends on the guy a lot on everything.

• true

• u must be cute and good looking...!

• Of course, just like one mate said here, we're not as shallow and mean.

• Well personally, the average soft woman's body doesn't so much physically attract me. I'm athletic, overweight(Barely), 8% body fat percentage. I don't look like I'm on steroids or anything but I'm in nice shape. I don't look at skinny woman, I like to look at fit, curvy woman. I don't mind dating women who aren't fit, it's just a preference, not a deal breaker. Hope you see results soon.

• I'm curious...how do you consider yourself overweight when you have a body fat % in single digits? Imo, it doesn't matter what BMI says...if your body fat % is in single digits, you are good weight-wise.

• Im very much in shape and I don't find fit girls attractive body wise haha

• Lol. Well that's because us guys are not as shallow and picky as you girls are.

• I'm pretty sure we like all kinds of girls. It's a nice bonus if she works out too, but it's not a deal breaker. We can be fine with girls who eat healthy and only work out here and there too.

• All guys are different. I've a friend who is hyper-sporty, did some sports science thing at uni. His fiance is huge though, well beyond podgy and into obese. Takes all sorts.

• You do not have to be "perfect" to be attractive. And guys are all different, we have different tastes, so I would not be the least bit surprised if at least some of these guys checking you out were into you.

Looks are big part of the equation for guys, this I will not deny. it is always better to have nice skin and not be fat. But being attractive involves attitude as well. If you carry yourself as if you think you are attractive, that is enough to make you more desirable than other girls, even some girls who you may think look better than you.

My advice, try developing a little more confidence, and if you like one of the guys you see, try flirting with him. See what happens. Fortune favor the brave!

• Most athletic/muscular guys like myself have different tastes just like everyone else. We tend to like athletic/fit girls because they are compatible with our interests and views.

Everyone has different tastes. People attract others who are similar. Opposites do attract, but its more rare.